ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning a black Clio?!

'98 Clio 2 1.2
Hiya, i'm gonna go to the shops and buy some decent polish/wax... Once i've washed it whats best to use to give it a nice clean shine? Maybe even a long lasting one if it's not too much too ask? I want it to stand out :)

prob best mail ordering stuff

if you want it quick go to halfords. got 3 for 2 on at the min too (cheapest item free so buy 3 thigns similar priced!), autoglym super resin, then topped with auto glym extra gloss protection is a well used combo.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
jeffs acrylic sealant ( see richs post on rsults ) and good wax like chem guys 50/50

106 GTi
Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss Protection

or

Klasse All In One and Jeffs Acylic Jett Sealant.

Both will give you a good looking and durable finish. If you want to improve things more you could always top it with a nice Carnuba wax.

Good Value options would be P21s or Chemical Guys 50/50

If you wnat to take things to the next level and spend a little more Pinnacle Souveran, Zymol Carbon or my choice out of all the waxes listed here Swissvax Onyx.

a little more.. ?!

like 100 quid more... lol!

if thats little...

fancy sparing a little change for my cleaning collection? ;)

Fiat Coupe 20vt
For a long lasting deep shine, by hand I would prep with the Carlack Twins/Klasse Twins as above. The All In One will clean the paint up, the sealant seal in the shine and give many months protection.

You can then top that with a nice wax either for looks (Swissol, 5050, etc.)

I'd also like to throw Victoria Wax (Collectors or Concours) into the mix as really good mid priced wax. It's manufactured in Canada using all the same types of natural and low VOC ingredients as used in the other high end waxes but with a much lower price tag.