ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning by hand...

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi, I'm taking my car of the road for a month on thur as my insurance is due for renewal and ill make a big saving if i wait a month.
This looks to me the ideal time to give the car a good clean and not have to worry about it getting filthy ina day as it will be parked in the garage.

I dont have a pc, so will be doing all the work by hand.
What products do you all recomend and in what order?

so far im guessing -
Meguires shampoo (two bucket method)
Meguires quick clay

already been and bought two buckets and clay lol so if you could give me full names of products that would be great. also anyone know were i can get a lamb wool wash mitt from? cant see them in my local frauds.

any other "tools" i need to do the job? eg water magnet?

thanks, russ

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I use

NXT shampoo with wash mitt (halfords should sell em)
Dry by microfibre
Autoglym super resin polish
NXT spray wax
Tyre dressing
Autogylm machine cleaner on the exhaust

106 GTi
Working by hand, after washing etc.

Swirl Removal - Meguiars Scratch X
Polish/Paint Clean - Autoglym Super Resin
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax(Optional Step) - P21s Carnuba Wax

Audi TT 3.2 V6
what would you use to blacken the grill and bump strips? (reali need to get them colour coded soon)

Monaco 172 2/468
Rich said:
Working by hand, after washing etc.

Swirl Removal - Meguiars Scratch X
Polish/Paint Clean - Autoglym Super Resin
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax(Optional Step) - P21s Carnuba Wax

You missed your extra step, lick car all over (come on, how else could it be that damn clean lol)

RB 182
I have been using AG Rubber and Vinyl Care, some others use AG Bumper care. Should be trying the Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel on the bumpers this weekend.

106 GTi
Ibanezman said:
You missed your extra step, lick car all over (come on, how else could it be that damn clean lol)

Sssh thats my secret step!

Black plastics Poorboys Natural look or AG bumper care for me

Ibanezman said:

lol ..........................would taste a bit polishy i think:S

Audi TT 3.2 V6
So the order in which to do stuff is

Wash
Clay
Dry with microfibre
Polish
Seal
Wax

that right? not gonna bother with swirl removal i dont think, dont think ive got any swirls tbh, silver is a hard colour to see swirls anyway :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
sorry daft question i know...but what should i use to apply the sealent etc etc, will old tshirts do the job or will they screw the paint?

106 GTi
Thats the correct order. You need to dry the car first though if your going to clay using the detail spray.

Apply products with microfiber or foam hand pands, remove with a decent Microfiber towel.