ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Sabelt steering wheel ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Ive just got a Sabelt wheel , looks like it could do with abit of clean up. I read about using a suede brush ?

What do people recommend ? What have people used and got good results ?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I just use washing up liquid, warm water from the kitchen tap and agitation with a nail brush on my suede part. Always comes back really well and it’s very old and every few months looks hard and smooth.

38BB09FA-DE84-4703-845F-F5E66A505E0D.jpeg

51C28F65-DE5B-4F6F-9E76-D61677E2EC86.jpeg

F797E0C9-7CD5-4D4D-BA91-318BF09293BF.jpeg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
mine was just like @jameswrx one. Suede brush didn’t make any difference really as the oils on the wheel keep the suede pile down. Soap and warm water, some brushing and a few Micro cloth towel towels rubbing the soapy water into wheel Then left to dry over night.
came out really well..not brand new but pretty close.
7DA38574-6D38-473E-A358-DAF3D4DC33A2.jpeg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can, but I would advise if showering, to shower gel your hands and then feed the wheel like you was taught when learning to drive.

This way, the washing is all equal and you don't slip over in the shower doing mad hard lefts!!

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
20201210_160827.jpg
20201210_160849.jpg

I'm not even sure if its that bad ! But it would be good to clean it if possible if it will do anything who knows

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You can leave the wheel in some water with a bit of vanish. Just let it soak for a few hours (your water will be manky!) then dry with microfiber cloths and leave to fully dry over night.

Thays not that bad though so that won't need to much work. Some have been terrible but have come out great 👍

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
You can leave the wheel in some water with a bit of vanish. Just let it soak for a few hours (your water will be manky!) then dry with microfiber cloths and leave to fully dry over night.

Thays not that bad though so that won't need to much work. Some have been terrible but have come out great 👍
Im going to sort this now my car is not far away from being running , just got to decide on the shower technique or vanish in a bowl. The wheel hasnt done much use to be fair