ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning the TDC sensor ? Anyone produced a guide yet ?

As above, thinking about doing this on mine and wondered how hard it is to do ? and if anyone has produced a guide yet ?

RSC 182 Cup
Remove airfilter box and carefully unbolt / unplug TDC sensor. Clean the pickup surface off with a rag and spray some contact cleaner / lubricant (or silicone spray) on the metal contacts. Wipe off the excess and reassemble....

Lots of Alfas
Spray the metal prod at the bottom with wd40, while you at it no harm cleaning the electrical pins too.

As a guide been done on this yet? I've tried spraying mine with wd40 and it still cuts off while driving but I will try cleaning the pins this time also once I reach home, iv ordered a new sensor and this will arrive wednesday so hopefully the car can survive till then lol

330i. E30 Touring.
Remove airfilter box and carefully unbolt / unplug TDC sensor. Clean the pickup surface off with a rag and spray some contact cleaner / lubricant (or silicone spray) on the metal contacts. Wipe off the excess and reassemble....

No need for a guide. This is how you do it.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
when mine failed cleaning it did nothing i found it was not the sensor but the wiring to it had gone paper thin so it was not transmitting properly to had to get a new wire and sensor

Clio 197
I think i have the same problem, had to get towed home last week, on the day i was going on holiday..

just had a look at it today as i have got back from holiday and my 197 just wont fire, it turns over.. had a computer on it, brought back no faults..

had a quick look for this TDC sensor but cant seem to find it.. have not had a real look under the car yet but took the air filter out and still cannot see it..

can anybody point me in the right direction? its a 2009 197

thanks in advance

Cup In bits
Top of the gearbox where it joins to the engine like the 1*2 I would think.

Cleaning a TDC sensor is a pointless task anyway unless the electrical connection has become corroded or has water ingress.

monaco 172
I'm not 100% because I've never seen a 197 engine bay, but as it uses the same engine as the 182 I'm guessing it will be on top of your gearbox next to the flywheel.

Was here on my 1.2 aswel so can't see the 197 been any different.

You might need to move some of the air filter housing out the way to get access