ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

climate control gone weird

BMW 330cd
when i put the climate control on even when the car is not warm/hot inside the a/c is always on. i can turn the a/c off manually but in auto mode the a/c is on even if i put the temp upto the maximum temperature.

anyone have any ideas wot is wrong with my climate control :mad:

BMW 330cd
a/c never use to come on when inside of the car was cold onyl once it got up to temp. now its always on. and when i put it to max temp a/c use to turn off now it dont :(

vers le haut doigt milieu
u sure ur not in windscreen or air recirculation mode? Think ur computer may be thinking its stuck in these modes, try disconnect your battery and leave it for 22minutes and it should clear all memory.

BMW 330cd
i done all the checks the a/c just dont want to go off unless i do it manually but that means i cant have it in auto mode.

il give it ago mate cheers

Might be a problem with the in car cabin temp sensor in in the unit where your interior light is. Thats the sensor which controls the CC, I'm guessing if its faultly then you'll end up with strange CC behaviour. Might be worth a check.

Arctic 182FF
mine sometimes insists on putting the AC on even when its cold out and set to maxi when i put it on auto, tho often it does turn it off again after a while.

wondered if maybe its got a humidity sensor and thinks its too humid in the car so puts the AC on to remove moisture from the air??

anyone know if the system is actually that clever??

Renault Clio 172
Might be a problem with the in car cabin temp sensor in in the unit where your interior light is. Thats the sensor which controls the CC, I'm guessing if its faultly then you'll end up with strange CC behaviour. Might be worth a check.

Mine did this. Its a common fault apparantly, the sensor inside gets clogged up with dust...

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
This will be the outside temp sensor, mine is reading far too hot and this affects wether the a/c comes on or not.

Cheers.

This will be the outside temp sensor, mine is reading far too hot and this affects wether the a/c comes on or not.

Cheers.

Doubt it, there's a cabin sensor. You wouldn't have the inside of the car controlled by a sensor measuring the temp outside.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
The inside temp sensor detects the temp inside the car (i.e. if the reading is 20 degrees and the setting is raised to max the blowers speed up to pump out heat).

I am sure the outside temp sensor is linked to the system and based on the temp outside (approx less than 10 degrees) the A/C comes on when the auto button is pressed.

My system had no interior sensor when i bought the car and took me a while to find out it was missing! I now have a brand new one and ever since the outside temp sensor has gone (currently reads 40 degress + ) I also have issues with the A/C.

your cogs controlling the motors are rogered basically loads of ppl have had this problem i sorted mine with a bit of superglue and a cable tie! ill try get u a link

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Replaced my external sensor (robbed one from a Megane at scrappy) and this has solved all my A/C problems!

Temp on dash now reading 5 degress rather than 58!!