ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Stopped Working

Clio 172
Hi

Yesterday I turned on the climate control, the LCD display lit up but there was no air being blown. Tried all the buttons. The display changes when the buttons are pressed, but there is not air being blown at all.

I tried it on Min and Max no difference. Also tried it with warm and cold engine. No difference.

Its a 53 Clio 172.

Anyone one know what the problem might be?

Thanks

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi, I have the exactly same problem, a renault technician told me <could be a faulty connection> I`ll call to renault for an appoiment
Few hours ago checking a leak in the bulb of the power steering, the wires of this bulb connector are corroed, I kwno that this bulb control que AC operation by he power steering pressure so tomorrow (here are 8:30pm,and no day light) I`ll check that wires so let`s see

Regards

Black PH2 172 FF
Where are you based mate?

If you're anywhere near the south of England - give Mike@Rentech a PM

I saw him fix a faulty CC in minutes, which the customer was told by Renault it would be a 'dash out' job and VERY expensive...:rolleyes:

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Mine was the rheostat, exact same symptoms.

Finding them 2nd hand isnt worth it, you'll never know when its gonna go, £85.35 for me - 22/11/07

Last edited:
  RB 200 Cup!
Where are you based mate?

If you're anywhere near the south of England - give Mike@Rentech a PM

I saw him fix a faulty CC in minutes, which the customer was told by Renault it would be a 'dash out' job and VERY expensive...:rolleyes:

thats cos reno people are monkeys lol

Ex-User (36231)

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was the two metal fins that sit in the top of the air con airway system just under the scuttle that went wrong; is this the rheostat?

BMW M135i
Oh and it'll be the rheostat that causing your problem phil. Renault will relieve you of £100 just for the part if you can fit it yourself.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Two bolts mate, really easy - but you will need a 'flexi' socket thingy for one of the bolts, I belive bmh.01 has photo's as he sent me thme when mine went.