ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control

Clio sport 172
Hi folks bit of a weird one, my climate control has not been working for days now all the lights work but no air comes out, went to my car this morning turned it on an they worked got half way to work an they stopped working again, andany clue as to whats going on???

Hi folks bit of a weird one, my climate control has not been working for days now all the lights work but no air comes out, went to my car this morning turned it on an they worked got half way to work an they stopped working again, andany clue as to whats going on???

Heater resister mate

Clio sport 172
Ye but mine was going on and off then on and off again for a few minutes and I could hear what sounded like the fan or motor struggling to turn, before today it hasn't been working for over a week so surely if it was the resistor pack it would just be off or constantly on???

Clio sport 172
I'm going to check it after work am I right in thinking you take it out an bridge a wire in the end 2 slots an if it blows air out its the pack that's faulty?

derv biege barge
Was blower motor in mine. Removed it, spun it by hand and it started working again. Gave it a good dose of wd40 before refitting. Usually have to do that about every 6-12 months. Pain in the ass I think I will buy a new motor so next time it fails I can swap for new

Clio sport 172
I think it's the blower in mine because this morning it started working again but you could hear it strugglin , is it easy to take out or will I need someone who knows what there doing to do it?

derv biege barge
That sounds like blower motor in my opinion, mine was exactly the same.

Sometimes a pot hole or speed bump would shock the motor into starting, sometimes I could thump the plastic cover above the bonnet to start it. Fine when it was running just failed to start on occasion the frequency of which became more and more until no starts.

Remove panels behind wiper driverside couple of small bolts to remove and wiring, spray some wd40 directly into motor, reassemble. Simples. Good for another 6-12 months.

Pay up get membership loads of helpful stuff in there most usefull £12 I spent during ownership, better than a haynes manual.

Clio sport 172
I also have a loud buzzing noise coming from my interior light could there be any connection between the 2 problems??

Clio sport 172
So iv had the resistor pack out bridged a wire between the end slots an still no air coming out the blowers, does it now have to be the motor??

derv biege barge
I think so, have you had the motor out to examine that?

Take motor out and spin by hand if you try both and still no joy then prob its the motor.