ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8v 2004 wont start

RENAULT CLIO
A few months back i turned the engine off when parked up and went to start it a few mins later but would not go. It tried to turn over but then started making clicking noises and other werid noises.
I had the RAC out and he couldn't find the fault and he said fuel, spark etc. was all good. So had it towed to a garage which they diagnosed the cambelt had broken. Before i bought the car it had its cambelt changed at 95,000 miles. I found this difficult to believe so i didn't have any work carried out. Just found some time to have a look inside and sure enough the cambelt is attached and the engine turns with the use of a spanner, no valves etc. are damaged. As i am no mechanic i wouldn't know where to look now.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Seb

Clio 182
A few months back i turned the engine off when parked up and went to start it a few mins later but would not go. It tried to turn over but then started making clicking noises and other werid noises.
I had the RAC out and he couldn't find the fault and he said fuel, spark etc. was all good. So had it towed to a garage which they diagnosed the cambelt had broken. Before i bought the car it had its cambelt changed at 95,000 miles. I found this difficult to believe so i didn't have any work carried out. Just found some time to have a look inside and sure enough the cambelt is attached and the engine turns with the use of a spanner, no valves etc. are damaged. As i am no mechanic i wouldn't know where to look now.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Seb

First of all try the tdc, its a simple job to do and simply take the tdc sensor out, give it a wipe and put it back in, if you search on the forum for the tdc sesnor it will tell you how to take it out