ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 campus sport won't start. Immobilizer?

Clio Campus 1.2
Hi,

Haven't been able to work out what's wrong with my Clio, hoping someone can help.

Car was off road for a couple of weeks while I changed a wheel bearing. After going to start it again battery seemed to have gone flat as it started again with a push but after a day or so refused to start at all so put it into garage. They said there were a number of fault codes on ECU so got those sorted and battery recharged but car still won't start. It doesnt turn over when the key's turned but can hear clicking coming from relays under glove box, immobiliser light flashes for about 5 seconds while key's turned to position 3.

Garage said that it's the immobiliser chip from key was missing. Battery in key was changed recently, chip could have fallen out but not sure what it looks like to check. Also unsure about this as the immobiliser light is still flashing on dash when turing key. Could the car just need a new battery?

Any help would be great.

renault clio 1.4 16v
if the immobilizer light flashes or stays on solid that indicates there may be a problem with the key or the encoder ring, ive also had some cases where bad earths mess around with everything, so you can try give all the earth points a clean around the engine bay, theres around 5 of them

Clio Campus 1.2
if the immobilizer light flashes or stays on solid that indicates there may be a problem with the key or the encoder ring, ive also had some cases where bad earths mess around with everything, so you can try give all the earth points a clean around the engine bay, theres around 5 of them
Okay I'll try the earths first then, cheers!

Clio 2

Hi. Just wanted to ask. You dont anything concerning the immobilizer light not coming on at all??

182 clio
If their is no chip in key it wouldn't of started with a bump.

The immobilizer light would flash all the time if no chip was detected.

Clio 2
If their is no chip in key it wouldn't of started with a bump.

The immobilizer light would flash all the time if no chip was detected.
I got a new key. Having it coded tomorrow. Shouldn't the immobilizer light still come on? As I put in a new battery aswell.

182 clio
I got a new key. Having it coded tomorrow. Shouldn't the immobilizer light still come on? As I put in a new battery aswell.
Yes and will flash continuosly as no chip has been detected.

The chip looks rectangular blackish grey located on the green board.

Compare your new key with old to determine if the chip is missing as getting new key may not fix it.

I only suggest this as it sounds like you have no immobilizer light?

Clio 2

Compare your new key with old to determine if the chip is missing as getting new key may not fix it.

Yes. When I connected the new battery. The immobilizer light is permanently off. Only reason for new key, the old key was lost. Locksmith already checked and the chip in the new key is correct

Clio 2

I have seen something else. When I put the key in and ignition on. You can hear murmur or slight vibration of something and the speedo needle and rev counter needle vibrate slightly for 2 seconds then the sound it gone

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
vibrating from the needles when you put the key in is either flat/low battery voltage or a poor earth, charge battery and put a jump lead from the negative battery terminal to a good solid piece of metal on the bodyshell (I usually use one of the brackets up on the pass side suspension turret) - that will give you a good earth to diagnose that

Clio 2
vibrating from the needles when you put the key in is either flat/low battery voltage or a poor earth, charge battery and put a jump lead from the negative battery terminal to a good solid piece of metal on the bodyshell (I usually use one of the brackets up on the pass side suspension turret) - that will give you a good earth to diagnose that
Could that also cause the immobilizer light to be off?

182 clio
Thanks. Will check all today
Something could creating a current draw if it's flattening your battery.
Google a draw test to see if you have one.
It's really simple. I had all kinds of electronic issues when the alternator was faulty.
There should be a thread on it on here.
Easy way to locate earth issue is use a jump lead from each earth point to the engine.
Then you should be able to roughly work out what one is at fault.

Clio 2
Something could creating a current draw if it's flattening your battery.
Google a draw test to see if you have one.
It's really simple. I had all kinds of electronic issues when the alternator was faulty.
There should be a thread on it on here.
Easy way to locate earth issue is use a jump lead from each earth point to the engine.
Then you should be able to roughly work out what one is at fault.
Thanks. will give it a google and see what's happening. Cause still no immobilizer light. But I see in the interior fuse box. The place for immobilizer is empty and cant put a fuse there