ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 handling

Clio 1.2 16v
hi all
now i have read a lot of other posts and i understand people have their opinions about 1.2's and modifying them hahah
i have a dynamique mk2 ph2, it has a body kit and other mods that IMO look good (everyone else seems to think differently but that is the wonder of opinions haha) but lets get to the point, i had one of the shocks changed for the mot as the old one was leaking, now when i am going round rounder bouts or any right hand corner the wheel rubs the wheel arch but i can go twice the speed and tighter corners the other way and have no problems (it didn't do t before the change).

My thoughts are that the previous owner has changed the shocks but i cant find a uprated one anywhere, so i was wondering if a suspension set up form a bigger clio would fit? i would go coil-overs but the body kit is close enough as it is and i cant afford to lower it anymore or it will scrape all the time :/ I would also like to do anything i can to improve the handling (make it quicker and more responsive in the corners)

Also there is now a knocking noise when i go over some bumps (my old man said its the anti roll-bar bushes or something).

I apologize in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes haha
any and all help will be much appreciated :)

renault clio 1.4 16v
the anti roll bar bushes that attach the roll bar to the control arms are normally the culprits for knocking noises over bumps, either those or the top mounts...

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I had top mounts go on my 1.2 MK3 that caused an annoying knock over bumps, I'd check them! Put your weight on the corner and push the car up and down and see if you can hear where the noise comes from.