ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 RN issues

clio 1.2 RN Provence
Hi,

First Clio 1.2 RN Provence 1998 and its got some issues that I could do with some help diagnosing whats causing it. This is first Clio so don't know much about them.

Problems I have

1) knocking all round when driving, thinking bushes, but which ones are more than likely to be the culprits
2) clutch is like pushing a brick, really heavy, but the clutch works brilliantly to change gears
3) immobilizer kicks in after ignition is turned off every time? is it designed that way?
4) key fob range is terrible, has to be against glass. Going to replace battery in key, but is there anything else to check

sorry for pouncing in with so many questions

172 Ph1
Hi,

First Clio 1.2 RN Provence 1998 and its got some issues that I could do with some help diagnosing whats causing it. This is first Clio so don't know much about them.

Problems I have

1) knocking all round when driving, thinking bushes, but which ones are more than likely to be the culprits
2) clutch is like pushing a brick, really heavy, but the clutch works brilliantly to change gears
3) immobilizer kicks in after ignition is turned off every time? is it designed that way?
4) key fob range is terrible, has to be against glass. Going to replace battery in key, but is there anything else to check

sorry for pouncing in with so many questions

Yes immobiliser is designed to work like that.

You need to change the clutch cable first to see if it improves the pedal or go all out and have both done at once.

With regards to the range of the key Plip - check the receiver in the roof - it might be water damaged .

Knocking could be anything - you really need to get it checked . If it has an anti-roll bar at the front "some don't" then the bushing for that wears out a lot.
Top mounts wear , ball joints wear , shocks knock , ect ect .