ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 tuning help

Nissan 370Z
hi there, im new to all this and have just got a 1.2 silver o3clio for my first car and need some tips on which exhaust, induction kit, power valve or any ideas you may have for just purely performance. thanks

V6
u cant get much more power outa a 1,2 its waste time. as fred said just buy better brakes and suspension still have fun :).

BG182®
don't waste money on the engine, won't get anything for your money

brakes and suspension

^^^i agree

i gotta 1.2 expression and the only thing got put on mine was a Remus Racing exhaust so it could sound a bit more beefy. i decided im wasnt gonna waste ma money on a 1.2 that will only get 2bhp more from engine mods but part from that take ya spare wheel out the back and u can knock 0.4's of the 0-60 figure AND beat the 1.2 corsa chavs aswell lol :eek:

Nissan 370Z
anymore useful help, i was thinking of a pipercross viper induction, an exhaust, power valve and thats about it, can u get them ported?
thanks

Lionel Richie
anymore useful help, i was thinking of a pipercross viper induction, an exhaust, power valve and thats about it, can u get them ported?
thanks

you might aswell set fire to £20 notes, seriously, been there, done that, not worth it

all of that you list will give you 5bhp max

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah best thing to do is to strip it, get some coilovers n upgrade the brakes.

BG182®
i think this is the best advise u can get fella. engine mods = waste of time and money. just strip it out like the back seats, spare wheel etc. and have some fun with it while ya got it.

ITB BG 182
i think this is the best advise u can get fella. engine mods = waste of time and money. just strip it out like the back seats, spare wheel etc. and have some fun with it while ya got it.
Then look at an engine conversation say like a 2ltr....

If you want to make it more efficient and bit more torquey then get a good induction kit from k-tec and an exhaust system with a straight thru silencer like a cherry bomb.

I found when i did this on mine if your in 2nd gear, with the clutch down doing about 5mph, when you bring the clucch up you dont have to rev it as much to stop it from jurking, which is what happens with a standard air filter and exhaust becuase the engine cant breathe as well.

i sometimes drive a work 1.2 and it judders like a b**ch in second gear - ubér gash in my opinion

Its cux renault put cheap tiny paper air filters, which practically suffocate the engine at low rpms' and exhausts which are way too restrictive to keep them quiet.

Turbos.
Seeing as it is first car i can't see how people can say drop a 172 engine or save up for 182...Most of us have modified our cars to some degree, if he wants to, let him!

People are right though, don't get your hopes up about power. You can get a better manifold and exhaust system for your 1.2, as well as a Viper induction kit. If you could find someone to remap the car you might see a bit of an increase.

RB 182 Cup
only thing ive done to mine is a induction kit only for the sound really. i dont see the point in tuning a 1.2 as the gains will be minimal if not nothing. And if you did tune it, it would still wouldnt be able to beat the 1.4 16v version lol. Just keep it standard as most 17 year olds stuff their first car anyway.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
really really not worth it, if you want to spend a couple of grand you can get power increases, stick a set of motorbike carbs on it but for the money its not worth it.

s**t hot suspension, upgraded brakes, powerflex suspension and ARB bushes, front strut brace, strip everything out it and it will go a bit better, get a pannel filter and exhaust for it and it will sound better but not go any faster.

as for the guy whos exhaust and air filter made him go loads faster, dont talk crap lol if the air filter is fine to let the engine rev to 6,200rpm doing 5mph in 2nd gear wont restrict it

really really not worth it, if you want to spend a couple of grand you can get power increases, stick a set of motorbike carbs on it but for the money its not worth it.

s**t hot suspension, upgraded brakes, powerflex suspension and ARB bushes, front strut brace, strip everything out it and it will go a bit better, get a pannel filter and exhaust for it and it will sound better but not go any faster.

as for the guy whos exhaust and air filter made him go loads faster, dont talk crap lol if the air filter is fine to let the engine rev to 6,200rpm doing 5mph in 2nd gear wont restrict it

I never said it makes it faster- just lets it breathe better and makes it more efficient. Trust me if you take a standard 1.2 16v and pull away in 2nd at 5mph using low revs it will jerk and shake like a bi**h, the movement of air in and out of the car isn't easy enough.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
woops sorry im getting confused with the guy who said taking out his spare wheel allowed him to beat a corsa lol

take any small engined car and pull away at 5mph in 2nd and it will judder, its because it lacks torque and no exhaust or air filter will sort that.

woops sorry im getting confused with the guy who said taking out his spare wheel allowed him to beat a corsa lol

take any small engined car and pull away at 5mph in 2nd and it will judder, its because it lacks torque and no exhaust or air filter will sort that.

I actually noticed mine got a lot better when i sorted my filter and exhaust. i just requires a lot less revs now to pull away smoothly.

RB 182 Cup
you could stick a racing back box on it with a 10" tip, a resistor of justice and a electronic supercharger gay thingy, some turbo sticker and a motorsport sunstrip and you'll have proper wickid reeeespect init and your car will be so powerfull it wont put any power down at all! amen

Clio does judder like a b**ch in traffic when crawling along in 2nd gear, the only way to get round it is to build some revs. Or drop it into first, but it doesn't like that either. Its only the Clio that does this, fiesta/ polo etc are fine.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol nice of u guys haha, he wanted advice, jus get norm s**t itas ure first car go wild baby, lower the beast, ind kit, exhaust, who gives a s**t if its tiny gains, it will sound better and surely will be quicker than those 03 standard corsas lol

ep2
tried a pipex induction kit it was crap( just maded it louder suckin hotair), so i just brought a panel filter and now thinking of puting airfeeds to the filter. I think just make it look like a beast and not look like a sport is a wayforward ;)

tried a pipex induction kit it was crap( just maded it louder suckin hotair), so i just brought a panel filter and now thinking of puting airfeeds to the filter. I think just make it look like a beast and not look like a sport is a wayforward ;)

Also if you make ur car look like a sport when it isnt you have to inform your insurance and chances are your premium will increase, becuase it makes it more desireable to nick.

Megane Mk4
you could stick a racing back box on it with a 10" tip, a resistor of justice and a electronic supercharger gay thingy, some turbo sticker and a motorsport sunstrip and you'll have proper wickid reeeespect init and your car will be so powerfull it wont put any power down at all! amen

You forgot to mention the flame igniter at the zorst, the crazy flashy crap LED undercar kit, "fake" stick-on door mirror indicators, "fake" air vents and pins in the bonnet, an LED gear knob, LED footwells, LED washerjets ( see where the LED's are going? ;) ), silver mesh everywhere, V6 style body kit, scuffed Alloy wheels that have been sold to him by his mate and the cheapo bucket seats in halfrauds...

pffft, amateur ;) :rasp:

lay the back seats flat...(if i remember from a hillarious thread once)

something to do with air flow restriction....well get to 60 faster...

ppffftt

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Clio does judder like a b**ch in traffic when crawling along in 2nd gear, the only way to get round it is to build some revs. Or drop it into first, but it doesn't like that either. Its only the Clio that does this, fiesta/ polo etc are fine.

maby yours does by my 3 dont lol 1 modded 2 standard