ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 UCH Fault / Questions

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hi Guys
I've got a fault on my indicators by which the left one comes on when I indicate right. But the right hand bulbs still flash using the hazard button and when using the central locking.

So after changing the indicator stalk (wishful thinking!) I'm pretty sure this a UCH fault.

I've done quite a lot of reading on the UCH over the past few days and I know this is probably a dealership fix, but in the interest of saving £300 odd quid it might be worth me changing the decoupling caps.

So it says in the Haynes manual that if you unplug the UCH your car wont start again without a trip to the Renault garage, is this true even if you put the exact same one back?

Thanks in advance.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
So it says in the Haynes manual that if you unplug the UCH your car wont start again without a trip to the Renault garage, is this true even if you put the exact same one back?

Certainly not true on 172s. I've had mine off multiple times, I'm not even running the one the car came with. :smile:

Companies like BBA Reman can fix UCHs, look them up.

Also, I assume you've checked the basics (fuses and relays) for faults?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
All fuses checked, I haven't checked relays in the engine bay, I read that they only control components under the bonnet? But that may be wrong if someone knows different.

Clio 182
Uch module at fault most certainly, worked for a renault garage and seem it a couple of times, and yes you can unplug the uch and plugged back without any starting issues.. Located under glovwbox.. Buy a seconde hand one is best option and relearn it, just make sure you get the right one, if you put wrong one i might start and work but some electrics wont work. Such as using a uch from a clio without electric windows and using on on dynamic models, done that mistake,, was a full ecm kit i bought though:)

Clio 182
Just to add, if you cam find a full ecm kit for really cheap, you will save money on a diy job:) good luck dude i have a full kit if you want its yours for free..uch n1 53 plta

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Replace the ecu kit as above. ECU, UCH, key fob and decoder ring. Make sure the uch is the same level as yours e.g. if you have an n2 then get an n2!

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
That sounds like the cheaper option and of course theres no guarantee of Renault fixing it first time anyway. Im taking a better look tommorow when I've got a full day. I'll come back with the findings incase it can help someone else.