ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 Clutch Pedal stays down

(W) Clio RSI 1.6 16v
Happy Easter everyone

Clio mk2 RS 1.6 16v (K4m engine) 2000 W Reg.

fixing "other" problems yesterday (door locks/leaking sunroof) went to drive off, depressed clutch pedal, placed in 1st released foot, pedal stayed down and car stalled.

turned it off.

every time i depress the pedal it stays down (i haven't started the car again).

i've released the cable from the clutch fork end and depressed the pedal to "reset" it but pedal stays down.

pushed and pulled the cable (when disconnected from clutch fork) but the pedal stays down when depressed.

is this something to do with the pedal/cable mech or am i going to have to strip something else.

thanks in advance

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Just try readjusting the ratchet, whip the cable off the fork and pump the pedal up and down a few times

Whilst you're in there make sure the little link bar is still attached because the ball pops off sometimes when they wear out

(W) Clio RSI 1.6 16v
Just try readjusting the ratchet, whip the cable off the fork and pump the pedal up and down a few times

Whilst you're in there make sure the little link bar is still attached because the ball pops off sometimes when they wear out

the cable is off the fork, when i try and "pump" the pedal, it just stays down, it doesn't return up

(W) Clio RSI 1.6 16v
see pics below of pedal adjuster and ball

Attachments

• IMG_2519.JPG
    IMG_2519.JPG
    391.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2520.JPG
    IMG_2520.JPG
    498.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 67
  (W) Clio RSI 1.6 16v
ok ive fixed it.

after looking at this thread elsewhere:

seems where i had water in the cabin from a leak, the moisture has corroded some of the bits around the adjusted and made them stick.

liberally applied WD40 and severe amount of "wiggling" has made it ok. i will need to strip it out and clean or replace though in the near future.

thanks for the pointers Yorkshire!