ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 odd Horn problem

182 Trophy
Hi Guys

Got a problem with a 1.6 Clio (55) ...

The car was opened the other morning and all of a sudden the horn started to sound continually. I’m pretty sure the car has no alarm and also it was as if I had my hand held on the horn. This continued for around 5 minutes and stopped. Then the car started to be driven and the horn beeped another few times but this time didn’t stay on. At first I thought it was an alarm issue but I’m pretty sure that

A. The car does not have an alarm
B. The alarm would not be a constant beep (as if you held your hand on the horn continually)

Now when I press the horn nothing happens whatsoever .... Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ? I’m going to get hold of another horn to try but i can’t see that causing the horn to go off this morning like it did ?

Cheers

Sam

Focus ST170
Sounds like loose wiring on the horn circuit to me or possibly wet wiring inside the arch maybe?

J

182 Trophy
Ahhhh this sounds like a nightmare :-(

Im going to get another horn to plug in to see if it works, at least then ill know if the current horn is ******

This could be a real nightmare ...

182 Trophy
Someone has suggested that it could be the relay ?

Anyone heard of this before, where is this located and how do i change it

Sam

BG 182
Try removing the steering top shroud (just give it a good tug) in there you'll see the airbag and horn connections mine have ripped themselves off the terminals and i had to solder them back on.
hope this helps