ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.8 Rsi

Saw one of these other day, giving it some, looked fairly nippy, but quiet and standard looking.

Whats the spec on these? And what do u get with them as standard? Ie elec wins? Sunroof? etc..

don't

Got my N reg 1995 rsi couple of weeks back now

standard apart from 15" alloys

110bhp standard 0-60 = 8.6 secs

pretty fast

come with leccy windows, electric sunroof, central locking, electric mirrors, nice driving position :)

loving mine at the moment and getin it lowered on monday, then de-cat

havent had a race init yet really so cant comment 2 much on the power but its faster than my old ax gt anyway :)

.Dave.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Can stick the 1.7t from a Volvo strait in there when you get bored, theyre based on the same engine apparently?

Mr2 Roadster

8.6 to 60... dont make me laugh, not with 15in wheels? What profile and width are they??

don't

Nicky, its 8.6 secs on parkers thats where i got it from

im on 15s 195/45 tyres, so will mine b a fair bit slower????

Yea not 2 bad for standard

so hopefully with de-cat and custom exhaust should b lil faster

seems like ppl dont really look in2 them much either as ppl just go straight 4 a valver or if they got more money 172 182 williams etc

but for a 19 yr old with 1 yrs no claims its prob the best performance and reliable car i could get 4 the money i had available, no probs with it yet anyway

.Dave.

[Edited by Essexlad_Dave on 18 June 2004 at 1:37pm]

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I thought a c**k up with insurance ratings some where meant that the RSi was barely cheaper than the valver?

oioi nick. u sold them wheels yet?

yeah, 8.6 to 60 seems a little TOO fast checked it on other websites and most quote around 9!

But cool none the less!

don't

its insurance group 11, 1.8 8v engine

HIC put my insurance up the same as what it would have gone up if id changed to a pug 106 1.4 xsi

i couldnt c any valvers that were pretty mint in my price range though and seemed u could get a gd condition rsi for a lower price

.Dave.

Mr2 Roadster

No, it will be that speed maybe quicker on a set of 14s but the 15s destroy the pickup of the car.

The wheels are still sat in Robs garage, with your name on. Sorry Im always so busy. Am trying to change my job so every minute is taken up!

Its not me that wants them remember mate. N16v wants dem! Probably gonna wait till pay day he said, and Im not sure what hes doing! Give him a pm when ur ready, and see what he says!

Damn, I saw ur Unski the other day driving under the bridge past Wikes! I always floor mine going under that bridge, sounds phat! Do u take uno into Gonnella Brothers for serviving etc? I used to with my Bravo!

Mr2 Roadster

What day was that! I live just by there but rarely go that way!

I normally tun out oposite Halfords and then go into Catford. Next time toot loudly!

Mr2 Roadster

I havent used them yet, as the car is still running ok but have heard they are very good, just a tad pricey!

Ok will do, I think it was on Tuesday or summin! I was pulled in at Catford Bridge station and saw u come in from dat direction. Maybe it wasnt from under da bridge!

Do u see any modd cars round the area which I might recognise too?

Do u ever see a white MR2 with the weirdest sounding high pitched exhaust? Its a bit of a sh*tter!

Mr2 Roadster

Its crap, has two huge exhausts on it, LMAO!

Most of the cars round there are sheds!

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

how much did you pay for your rsi, Essexlad_Dave, theres one for sale down the road from me for £1600 with about 60000 on the clock, body work is mint as is the inside, did not know if thats a good price..........? thinking of getting it as a cheep run around......!

don't

cheap run around, dont rub it in m8 lol, 1600 is all i can afford

i paid 1600 with 80k on the clock, 6 months tax, 12 months mot, 3 months parts and labour warranty, and sum mint 15" wolf race alloys that aint been kerbed at all!!

i would say if that 1 on 60k had fairly long mot then its a very gd price m8

worth buyin if it drives alrite and is fast enough 4 ya

i went 4 the rsi instead of a valver bcos couldnt afford 2 get a mint valver, and u can get pretty gd condition rsis fairly cheap, + insurance cheaper so itll do me

lowering monday, de-cat hopefully by the end of the week aswel :)

.Dave.

Cupra

Yeah I took my RSi for a drive around Bromley today and the low-end torque is much better than the valvers. Hardly anything in the 2.

I really wanna keep my RSi now lol.

Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 19 June 2004

Are comparing the RSi to the 16v like comparing the VTR to the VTS then?

Not really as the RSis and the Valvers are both 1.8s, where-as the VTR is a 1.6 and the VTS is a 1.8.

Only difference is 8v and 16v and a couple of other little things.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Dan RSi on 19 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 19 June 2004

Are comparing the RSi to the 16v like comparing the VTR to the VTS then?

Not really as the RSis and the Valvers are both 1.8s, where-as the VTR is a 1.6 and the VTS is a 1.8.
:oops: VTS is a 1.6 too but 16v with 30bhp more

No I meant performance wise. I.e are they the same car but one has more blow

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Essexlad_Dave on 18 June 2004

havent had a race init yet really so cant comment 2 much on the power but its faster than my old ax gt anyway :)

.Dave.

Was your ax standard and is it noticeably faster? My mate is trying to sell his GT just now and was after an RST till the£2000 tpft put him off!

Cupra

Really? I thought the VTS was a 1.8! My bad!

Well a good example would be a CVH XR3i and a EFi XR3i

I suppose the VTR/VTS example is good, but the difference is less between the RSi and the Valver.

don't

EvilJohn my ax gt, was a 1992 ax gt, lowered, on 14s :) clio is on 15s so lost sum acceleration there but clio is still faster

the ax gt is group 9 insurance rsi is 11

ax gt had a k&n panel filter, and then tried a piperx but didnt make much difference

exhaust was standard on the axgt i had though

hopefully the de-cat should make a lil difference, then get air filter afta weather cools down probly

.dave.

I put a de-cat and exhaust on mine. The difference in power and feel was only slight, but the noise is almost unbearable. Sometimes it makes me chuckle, sometimes cringe in embarassment! Getting a bit old for such a "barry" motor.