ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1 clear rear lights.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

We will soon be stocking clear rear lights to fit all Clio 1s. These lights are "for show use only", in other words they are not E marked. They still light up very well in the dark and are of a very good quality. You will be able to see a pic of the same lights available for the GT Turbo on our website if you follow the link from the Home page.

Due to the small numbers that are being made it does mean the cost of the lights will be £220+vat for a pair and they will be in stock in 7-8 weeks.

David.

Skoda Fabia vRS

david, do you realise how long, and how many people have been waiting for these to come out !!!

i think it would be very safe to increase production and therefore reduce costs

Clio 172 cup

At last someones bringing these out!!! Definately reserve me a set!!

Any chance of doing some lexus stylee ones?? ;)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

i take it from the price they are like the French and German offerings - as in they are modded original parts not completely new units?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

forgot to ask, are you taking pre-orders for them now, cos i want some but i wont be too impressed if the price suddenly dropped by say £100 in the near future, is this likely to happen? if they are modded units like i mentioned above id guess the price is gonna be pretty much the same.

190 BHP Willy 2

Whats price are the lexus style ones gonna be?

We wait for ages for clear rear lights then all of a sudden were spoilt for choice. I like it :D

Scott

Lexus stylee - £156 + delivery so i was told... get ya orders in quick as i was told they had already been inundated with orders, an that was 3 weeks ago...

clio 20v

lexus from airspeed £156 and there getin em dec 5th so they say

dunno whether to order some or not cos i dont kno wot they look like

also k tec dont know whether there ph 1 or ph 2 clear rear clusters cos i prefer the ph 2 ones

adi

Skoda Fabia vRS

i reckon there probably gonna look like phase 1, but cos there so different from the standard items, whether you prefer phase 1 or 2 your not gonna mind

well just have to wait an see

clio 20v

rite these lights are for the clio1 1992-1996

ph1 clio1s (up to 94) rear lights are just flat, ph 2 clio 1s 94onwards are rounder

im assuming the lexus ones are going to be two roundlights under a clear casing but the outer lens isnt going to be shaped like the ph1 or 2 if that makes sense

i dunno whether the k-tec ones are going to be ph1 or 2 with clear lenses

The rear lights on the mk1 phase 3 clio (1996-1998) are the same as the phase 2 though arent they?

Slightly bulging outwards. (You know what I mean)

So will they fit them too?

Its down to individuals which they get... Im still not sure yet, but will either create trouble when it comes to MOT time, in other words will the coppers make us take them off... can either of them cause this?

I had clear backs on my fiesta mk2, they were not e marked either, you have to use red bulbs (or paint the existing clear bulb) and put in orange indicator bulb, as on the front of the car,

you will need reflectors though, or it wont pass the mot,

i never got stopped because of them and old bill arent going to look for the e mark !

the only thing is that the bulbs fade and end up going pinkish (they are even worse when you brake) so you have to change them or repaint them.

hope this helps,

Craig