ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16s / Clio 1.8 16V, Low oil Pressure? Help! Thanks in advanced!

Clio 16s
Hi! I'm Creating this post so i can get some help from you guys that are more Experienced!

So, i'm 22 years old, and i have a Clio 16s / 1.8 16V! Recently the oil pressure reading is kind of al over the place! So, back then when the car was cold the pressure would be around 3.5/4 bar in idle! When Hot, and oil hot at 70ºc +/- when pushing hard the pressure would rise to 5 kind of!

Now a days, the pressure at some times can get to 0... Lol
So my thinking is that, 1- problem with oil senser, 2- Problem (unlikely) the gauge it self, and 3 - (and most worrying) the Oil Pump it self!.
The Car is on 5w40 Oil, and have to date 146.000 KM's from 1993!

My question is, what can i do to check the problem my self, so i can save money on all the mecanic's around my area that are always ripping me off and stealing my parts?... :ROFLMAO:
Thank you so much for any help in advaced!

Best regards,

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Number 1 would be to find a better local mechanic! Where are you based?
Personally my first point would to manually checknthe oil level and make sure it's not leaked out. Then the oil sensor. They're not expensive or hard to change (even if access isn't great). Then check the gauge, after that check the oil pickup isn't partially blocked and then check the pump last.

Clio 16s
Number 1 would be to find a better local mechanic! Where are you based?
Personally my first point would to manually checknthe oil level and make sure it's not leaked out. Then the oil sensor. They're not expensive or hard to change (even if access isn't great). Then check the gauge, after that check the oil pickup isn't partially blocked and then check the pump last.
Hi Brother! Sorry for the delay...
So i'm from Portugal! Oil Level is top notch and its with the original color as well! Was changed in the last service, maybe 5000 km's ago! Thanks for the Help! Gonna buy a Jack and 4 post's to elevate the car and trie and check if it is the oil senser bad connection or something!

Then probably going to a mechanic that was recomended and ask to check the oil Pressure! :)