ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172, 182 and V6 Sales Figures

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I just remember there being a V6 with Leather that was an ex Renault UK Car at some point.

They were decent value, but not especially cheap. Cars were cheaper back then. I used to shell out brand new Saxo VTR’s for £6995 with a years free insurance IIRC. We used the sell imported 172/182’s and could massively undercut Renault dealers at the time. I hate to think how many I sold back then. I remember cups being hard work as everyone seemed to want the seats and climate/AC. But that’s 20 years ago now so my minds a bit foggy

I remember back in 05/06 my dad had a couple of Alfa 159s. The second one he bought from a company directly importing them from Alfa, basically meant he could spec it up and it still be within his company car budget.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They were decent value, but not especially cheap. Cars were cheaper back then. I used to shell out brand new Saxo VTR’s for £6995 with a years free insurance IIRC. We used the sell imported 172/182’s and could massively undercut Renault dealers at the time. I hate to think how many I sold back then. I remember cups being hard work as everyone seemed to want the seats and climate/AC. But that’s 20 years ago now so my minds a bit foggy
I was selling new cup packed 182’s for £14,495 and pre registered Trophy’s for £13,495. Madness.

I remember the saxo furio deals. I couldn’t get the free insurance as I had a DD10 and a DR10 on my license. I was gutted! I wanted a yellow one and make a VTS rep. Had it all planned out. 😭

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
People were coming in to see them and they were like “but it’s got 1.2 back seats, no xenons, no climate control. And I don’t like red”

they were hard to sell.
I had the same with Cups. Couldn’t give them away!

given how many parallel imports we sold, plus every car supermarket in the country sold. The registered numbers in this post are well out. They will only represent what Renault Uk supplied. I’d guess over a 2 year period we sold 200 new clio 172/182’s. We were only a small player compared to companies like Motorpoint, Motorhouse2000 etc.

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
I have a copy of VEH0120 saved down which I can no longer find online, shows the amount of Renaultsports licenced/sorned to the end of June 22. PM me if you want the file and I can email it over

BodyTypeMakeGenModelModelLicenceStatus2022Q2
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULT SPORT V6Licensed
52​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULT SPORT V6SORN
100​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULT SPORT V6 255Licensed
94​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULT SPORT V6 255SORN
143​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORTLicensed
1450​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORTSORN
241​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 172 CUPLicensed
450​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 172 CUPSORN
739​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 182 16VLicensed
1730​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 182 16VSORN
1800​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197Licensed
1254​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197SORN
519​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197 CUPLicensed
217​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197 CUPSORN
80​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197 F1Licensed
240​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197 F1SORN
102​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197 LUXLicensed
13​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT 197 LUXSORN
7​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT CUPLicensed
253​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPORT CUPSORN
85​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPT TROPHY182Licensed
237​
CarsRENAULTRENAULT CLIOCLIO RENAULTSPT TROPHY182SORN
152​

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
I remember sitting in a 172 Cup in a showroom, I was working for Renault UK at the time 😊