ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172/182 Speed Sensor Gearbox - Wire Colours

Aston Martin Vantage
Hi,

Does anybody know what each of the 3 wires from the speed sensor plugged into the gearbox do?

Black = Earth
Yellow = 12v/Pulse ?
White = 12v/Pulse ?

I'm wanting to splice into the Pulse.

Many thanks
Richard

FrogJam Motorsport

ClioSport Trader
Do you know what pins each wire is? Bought a new connector to wire the gearbox speed sensor into a standalone ecu. But can’t work out which wire is which.
And do you know what sort of output it gives?

Thanks

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Do you know what pins each wire is? Bought a new connector to wire the gearbox speed sensor into a standalone ecu. But can’t work out which wire is which.
And do you know what sort of output it gives?

Thanks
A top pin - yellow (12v feed)
B1 lower left pin - orange (pulse)
B2 lower right pin- black (ground)

FrogJam Motorsport

ClioSport Trader
A top pin - yellow (12v feed)
B1 lower left pin - orange (pulse)
B2 lower right pin- black (ground)
Legend! Thank you.
Will give this ago.
So for my connector B1 is the red wire?
Any idea what output the pulse wire gives?
9DB9F45E-CEE5-46E2-9643-9C7B258448C6.jpeg

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Legend! Thank you.
Will give this ago.
So for my connector B1 is the red wire?
Any idea what output the pulse wire gives?
View attachment 1580458
Yes B1 is red in your situation, you can take a measure from the back of the head unit from the pulse wire, there is a violet wire in position 1 on the black socket, that's the pulse wire that goes to the clocks, it bridges of to the head unit to adjust radio volume by the speed of the vehicle...easy place to check, it saves pulling out clocks etc

FrogJam Motorsport

ClioSport Trader
Yes B1 is red in your situation, you can take a measure from the back of the head unit from the pulse wire, there is a violet wire in position 1 on the black socket, that's the pulse wire that goes to the clocks, it bridges of to the head unit to adjust radio volume by the speed of the vehicle...easy place to check, it saves pulling out clocks etc
Thanks, that’s great.
I don’t have any of the original wiring so makes it tricky to check stuff.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Thanks, that’s great.
I don’t have any of the original wiring so makes it tricky to check stuff.
You could check any RS, they both produce the same signal whether it be from the abs or gearbox sensor, I checked mine a while ago and cant remember, I'm away with work at the minute