ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 5000rpm rev limit

Clio 172
Hi guys new to the site so hi to all first.

I have brought a clio 172 3 weeks ago for a track project. In the last few days it wont rev over 4000rpm. It revs to the limiter in natural and to about 5000rpm in first and second. But 3rd 4th and 5th it hits a limit and won't rev any more. Iv changed the vvt solenoid. And new plugs. It came with new leads and coil pack. Iv now run out of ideas to what it could be. Any help would be amazing before i go to a garage and get ripped off. Or does anyone know of a garage in Northants area who are good with the clios

PH2 172
Hi guys new to the site so hi to all first.

I have brought a clio 172 3 weeks ago for a track project. In the last few days it wont rev over 4000rpm. It revs to the limiter in natural and to about 5000rpm in first and second. But 3rd 4th and 5th it hits a limit and won't rev any more. Iv changed the vvt solenoid. And new plugs. It came with new leads and coil pack. Iv now run out of ideas to what it could be. Any help would be amazing before i go to a garage and get ripped off. Or does anyone know of a garage in Northants area who are good with the clios

Is it a Ph1 with a 730 or 732 engine, CB0M or CB1C?

Twin barrelled cat with 1 or 2 Lambda sensors?

Clio 172
Thanks for the replies. I think it's a Phs 2. It has two lamda sensors which I have also ordered. I have noticed a connection down by the clutch cable on the block that only has 2 wires connected and I can see that there was once a green wire. Also looks like someone at somepoint has had the wring loom apart. This could be fun haha.

Clio 172
Have you checked all of the inlet from the air filter onwards.
What filter is it?
Yes it's all been apart and checked. All clean. It's got a crappy induction cheap eBay filter. ( which I'm changing) I ran it down the road with it off to check that it wasn't starving it of air and no difference.
It seems to run better when cold

dan's cast offs.
Cts plug, normal for it to have a green blank in it that can look like it's had something from it.

Clio 172
No lights on. Apart from serv light but I believe that's because airbags removed and the bit under the seat is disconnected