ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 brake upgrade (espace)

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hello,
I've read a lot of topics regarding upgrading the 172 brakes. Most of them were using the clio 172 or Megane 225 calipers with custom brackets. I did not that overkill setup, I'm interesting in using the Espace 2pot calipers. There was one or two old topics but the pictures are not anymore available there with the part numbers and so. Is anyone that have some pictures with the setup installed and/or with some part numbers?
Thank you a lot,

Cheers,
Radu

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think the concensus on that conversion was just buy better pads for the clio calipers. Remember that nobody ever tracked an espace so although you have more pistons you'll inevitably have a worse pad material gripping your discs.

I think you would change your opinion on the brembos being overkill if you were to try them out with some ds1.11. That much power is extremely inspiring and safe. Putting 500bhp in a clio is overkill sure but having consistent stopping is far from it. Although in saying that the power is slightly too much at 100% as the stock front end is not stiff enough to deal with the G's, though its hardly a burden and easily manageable

Id just stick some ds1.11 in the stock calipers making sure the seals and pistons are fresh and working well and some fresh rears, that will give you plenty tbf