ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cruise Control Retro Fit problem

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Si, I've retro fitted cruise control to my 02 plate Clio 172.....except I can't get it to activate.

Everything has been changed out for CC parts, the only thing which I've not added is the switch that would sit above the clutch pedal.

From the reading I've done, I don't believe this should stop the cruise control from working, but I could be wrong?

When I press the CC/Speed limiter button I get the ' SET MPH' come up on the dash, but that's as far as it gets.

Any thoughts?

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Did you jump the clutch pedal switch connector? It's necessary when the switch is missing.
I think that's the bit I'm missing. I did bridge the contacts on the clutch connector but still nothing.

I ordered the clutch switch but turns out its not the same as the 182 and is simply another brake pedal switch.

I'll get one ordered and take it from there.

If you see a load of CC bits up for sale you know it's not worked 🤣

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So, I've not yet got my retro fitted cruise control to work.

All the bits are now there and fitted, including clutch and brake switch and it recognises CC on the dash but still won't allow me to set a speed for cruise control.

Any ideas!?