ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 fault

Clio 172
Hi fellas, I have a little used original low mileage Clio 172. It ran and drove perfectly three weeks ago. Yesterday I started it up, no problem, drove it up the road, and under load it wouldn't rev and hardly performed at all.

The zig zag electronic fault warning light came on.

So, starts and ticks over and revs fine when stationary, but won't rev when driven. Any idea what is wrong please, and which part needs replacing to fix it? I realise it probably could be a few different things, but is there a common reason for this problem please?

Many thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Chances are it'll be the common inconsistency between pedal track 1 and 2 issue. You can try cleaning up the big white connector in the engine bay fuse box, as this often causes issues but if not, you'll need to do some load testing on the entire circuit and find your issue this way.