ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 occasionally running on 3 cylinders/misfire

172 ph1, VW T4
Hi,

my car is occasionally misfiring like if it were running on 3 cylinders (just for a half a second). It happens either in low rpms (below 2k when I step on the gas pedal) or in high rpms (when more power kicks in at 5.5k), but not all the time and generally seems to get worse over the course of a drive. Otherwise it runs smooth and has full power.

Spark plugs and injectors were changed recently. I tried swapping the coil leads from 1-2-3-4 to 4-3-2-1 which bizarrely made it somewhat better, but still not perfect. What would be the first thing to change now?

Since I moved abroad and I plan on selling the car I would like to ideally have a list of likely causes so that I can just order those parts and swap them myself when I go visit family. And hopefully solve the issue and be able to sell the car.

Thanks,

Matt