ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 sluggish (bad) start when hot after couple minutes

Hi guys,
on my clio 172 ph2 I have bad sluggish starts when hot (or little warm) and when I wait 10minutes or more. The more I wait the start is worse. When I turn off hot engine and try to start immediately (or until 10 mins), everything is ok, but when I wait 1-2 hours it must crank for 10secs or I give it next try. When is cold everything's ok.
No faults on diagnostic.
Sent injectors for diagnostic and cleanup, one was faulty so I bought new and then all four was ok on tests (seal test, splash, resistrance etc.).
Changed air temp sensor, front (up) lambda sensor, plugs.
Cleaning throttle body and tdc help me a little (I was able to wait 20 minutes without symptomps) for while, but after one track day is it same as before.

Thanks for advice and greetings from Czech republic.

172 cup
Have you tried changing/cleaning the crank positioning sensor? It also might be your ambient temp sensor for telling the car the outside temperature. Sometimes these can be known to cause starting issues as in some cars they affect the fueling on start up

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes, I cleaned crank position sensor (tdc). Ambient temp sensor sometimes shows wrong temp on interior display but only a few degrees and does it as long as I know.

Clio 182
Does it start well if u prime the pump with ignition on, or maybe a couple times, rather than just cranking, if you replaced everything, id be checking fuel pressure

Clio 172 RS ph1
I have it too, when hot I need to start twice until it's running well, thinking about the crank sensor, saw here there is a upgraded sensor, blue from Renault with new wire and connector, some one have the part number ?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk