ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Alarm 'Bleeps'

Arctic Blue 182
Hi all,

Ignore my name on the forum, changed car!

Anyway, when i use the central locking to lock the car, I only occasionally get the 3 beeps arming the alarm, just wondering why this is?

It would do it once one day, then not for a few days, have found it strange, so now I dont know if its actually armed at all at the moment

Many Thanks in advance!:D

koi

Audi S1
Wait a couple of secs after you close the door before locking and you won't get the beeps

Artic Blime 182
So if it beeps means the alarm didnt set??? Why? I would of thought that meant the alarm did set, i like the sound it makes lets people know its locked :)

Arctic Blue 182
Ahhhh right, thanks for the quick replies! I was under the impression they were friendly beeps but if thats not the case then im happy!

Da

Less
It will have set, just some functions will be disabled. Three beeps is the interior sensors from memory, just give it a couple of seconds after closing the door before you arm it.

Same on disarm too.

Artic Blime 182
Aww i like the beeps lol, glad someone started this thread though as i always woundered why, i know you get that annoying long tone when something isnt shut.. but that was it lol

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
indeed its not a fault, its telling you your alarm didnt set properly.
just unlock and then relock

Artic Blime 182
Maybe it's not a fault, but seeing as Renault have a cure for this occurance, one could call it a fault :) Not going to cause any damage to the car so i'm not bothered.

Oh i wasn't arguing bud only had it a while so i dont have a clue was just asking.. thanks for clearing it up though makes sense now :)

CLS, RS MEG
:) Welcome to Renault ownership. There full of little niggles. Just had to repair my heatshield with some hosepipe because it had snapped off the mounts! haha