ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - can't start or use central locking

Clio 182
I have a Clio 182 which has been off the road for a while and the battery drained very low

When I tried to get into the car to start it, it would not start and the alarm went off. I also could not use the key fob to unlock the central locking remotely (but the red light on the fob flashed when I pressed the key). Also, when I turned the key in the passenger door to lock it, the drivers door did not lock either

I opened the bonnet and held down the sensor to stop the alarm, and then I replaced the car battery. The car would not start and the alarm went off when I got in. Remote central locking still would not work

I have now got some new CR1220 batteries for the key fob. I am going to replace this tonight and try again.

Am I doing anything wrong? It feels odd that the remote central locking doesn't work even though the car battery is full - and it feels even odder that the central locking doesn't work when I physically lock the passengers door

clio 172
Sounds like the car has lost the coding for the immobilizer and central locking. If you have another key try that. If not it will need to be coded via diganostic