ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 FF Arctic Blue

Clio 182
Hi Guys,

Firstly, I would like to say what a brilliant website this is and how helpful you guys all are.
I have read some brilliant Clio projects, all with different varied budgets and time, all have been a good read so far! - A few of you I have been contacting asking for help on certain aspects of the car and the help has been brilliant!
I thought I would start my own thread about my Clio 182, which I have owned now for the past year, and which has turned into a hobby! I tend to use the car for fast road, weekend and track use.

January last year was when I bought the Clio, its in Arctic Blue and had done 93,000 miles, now on 98,000! (At a time when I was saving for a 14k wedding) - How stupid of me! The car has Cup spoiler and also has Cup suspension.

The car had the following list, when I bought it, as with the previous owner looked after it very well and used it as a daily.
Mechanically, the car has been well looked after over the past few years of the previous owners's ownership.
  • 2x Sets of wheels - 1) - Set of Turini & 2) - 1x Standard 182 wheels
  • Front spare bonnet (Like you need to know)
  • Fatty induction kit.
  • Car is lowered on Cooksport Springs
  • Set of Magnecor Performance HT Leads
  • Standard 182 Spec.

Since ownership and over the past year, I have changed and done the following on the car, to make it more track spec!

• Removed rear seats
  • Fitted rear carpet.
  • Removed Fatty induction kit and installed K&N induction kit
  • Removed standard Clio 182 seat.
  • OMP subframes
  • Universal side mounts
  • Sparco Pro 2000 Bucket seats
  • Titon 6 point harnesses.
  • Half rear cage - (On its way)
  • Removed front fog lights - (Air duct kit to be installed at a later point).
  • Front Brake Discs - Brembo HC
  • Front Brake Pads - Ferodo DS3000
  • ATE Racing Brake Fluid
  • Goodridge braided brake lines.
  • K-Tec Racing tow loop
  • K-Tec racing engine mount and gearbox mount (Not yet fitted)

Future plans...
  • Track tyres...
  • Refurbish front grille
  • Sort out scuffs on rear bumper
  • Book more track days and do more fast road days out.
  • Polybush both rear exhaust mounts
  • Cambelt and dephaser require replacing in June this year.
  • Refurbish alloy wheels
  • Service
  • Plus many more...

This is a picture of the car below, my pride and joy!

Also, since ownership, I have done 2x track days, both at Castle Combe. The first was in March 17 and the second was in September 17.
Both track days, were fantastic, the car did very well and held its own against some of the faster cars out there.
I had standard road tyres, Avon ZV5's on the Turini Wheels in March, then in September switched over to the standard 182 wheels with had Zalken ZE914's, both tyres were fantastic and provided lots of grip.

The brakes were also fantastic, no brake fade at all, with the HC Brembo discs and DS3000 brake pads. Brilliant braking power from start to finish on both track sessions.

My next track day is booked again at Castle Combe on Friday April 6th.

20th March 2017 - Track Day at Castle Combe

September 2017 - Track Day at Castle Combe

I'll have the car back sometime in the next couple of weeks, as its having work done on it at the moment.
Once it's back i'll send over more photos, with the bucket seats installed...
I have a second hand half rear cage coming for it next week, if happy, once that lands I will need to get it installed into the car, then the Titon harnesses installed into the correct positions.

Thanks,
Tom.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it does look nice in the pics. I'm surprised you don't have 15" track wheels on that list. Sticky tyres are cheaper for 15's.

Clio 182
Yeah it does look nice in the pics. I'm surprised you don't have 15" track wheels on that list. Sticky tyres are cheaper for 15's.
Yes, I know, I should've added them to the future plans list.
I will get some eventually.
Im in the process of trying to buy a rear cage for the car at the moment.

Clio 182
This looks a lovely example and always nice to see another Arctic......... we all know it's the best colour :smile:
I second that. Thanks very much.
It does need some minor repairs to the bodywork, two scuffs on the corner of the rear bumper.
Nearside rear lower sill is slightly damaged and front bonnet requires changing over.
Luckily I work in the Motor trade, so can get this all done cheap.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Thanks very much. Love the look of your Clio V6. Quite sort after cars now and it looks like there holding their value.

Thanks buddy, yes it's a very nice car - hopefully drive it a bit more this year.