ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Maxi Spec Engine

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Have searched all over and come to the conclusion its probably a closely guarded secret, but how were the S2000 Maxi's producing so much power through a single throttle body? Would the same engine produce more on ITB's?

For context I have an F4R engine (NA) dyno'd at 244bhp and was wondering where else to go with it. I read about an engine producing ~260bhp with a send fuel rail but not sure if mine would benefit? I see a few hillclimb monsters claiming closer to 300bhp and it seems like I've done everything they've done engine wise but they rev a lot higher (9000rpm vs my 7800ish). So what would it take to bring a 244bhp spec engine up to ~300bhp?

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah only talking about 2 litre, not that I'm aware of any stroker kits but all the above are under 2000cc

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah only talking about 2 litre, not that I'm aware of any stroker kits but all the above are under 2000cc

No you wouldn't want to stroke it, not to get 9000rpm. I'm not sure the stock 2.0 setup can make that rpm

I wouldn't be surprised if they destroked it to F4P specs, perhaps with a slight overbore to make the engine a touch Oversquare.