ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 prices

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Thats it really. The budget end of the hot hatch market everyone wants something for nothing and the market for a low mileage 182 is limited at best.

On the one hand I see a car like that for sale through trade and wonder why the seller didn't just try and sell it themselves. But maybe they did... (Also possible that the trader is just acting as intermediary)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
When we change wheels and suspension, isn't Cup pack just a spoiler and spliter?

There were two Cup packs available for the normal 182. Appearance and handling

Appearance had spoiler and splitter
Handling had shocks, springs and hubs, also dark grey coloured wheels.

The 182 Cup had both packs fitted as standard, but then they went and put in a poverty spec interior, took away the Xenon lights and climate control.
What lots of buyers want is a normal 182 with both Cup packs fitted.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Still yet to sell a 182 for less than £4k since 2009 & about 150 odd 182s later- ( other than a couple of trade outs )

For something mint condition you are looking at £4k & sub 65k - however Mint is of course open to interpretation-
Ideally finding a base car that is solid to start with -
I would prioritise
Cup packs / Mileage & Service History ( core service history ) as everything else can be recovered & often buying tatty needing paint at say £2k can pay dividends at the end as you then have a car looking new after paint- but if course its a bit time consuming but all part of the fun-

So all in budget £2-3500 for a good to really good one then another £500-£1500 on top to furnish it -

S

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I assume they'd fit any Cup-packed 182, as I think the rest of the suspension is the same. I might be wrong, but don't think you can get them anymore.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Quick and dumb (sort of related) question...

Can you fit Trophy dampers to other models?
Are they even still available?

Unless you where in the ClioTrophy Twingo R1 group buy for Sachs dampers finding a set is hard and if you want new from Renault you are looking at £3k and a long long wait.

They can be fitted to any car with 60mm spacing so fitting to a FF 182 is very easily done with no issues.
Just have money for a refurb when they are needed as depending on how much you want done you could be looking at anything from £400 to £1200

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There are so many other options very few people actually pay for Trophy dampers unless they own a trophy or have some massive hard-on for Clio's.

For the cost to buy (and usually rebuild) you can afford a set of really excellent coilovers, or even have a set made up to your exact specification.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I think rust will be a consideration soon... even 'mint' cars might be hiding it under the sideskirts due to them being rivetted on.

I paid £800 for my old 182 6-7 years ago on 110k, proper dog. My 172 on 87k I paid £1200 for with belts etc. done but thats hiding some rust on the sills now!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If it was that big an issue it would be well known already.

The Ph2 172 has been out nearly 18 years, they've not rotted to pieces yet so I can't see it being a huge problem.