ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 squeaking noise

Renault Clio 182 FF
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, admin pls feel free to move :smile:
Ok so the problem recently started a few weeks back, when the weather started to get cold i guess. When my engine is at idle/low revs my car seems to make a squeaking noise, almost as if a bird was chirping! Checked the belts and they seem fine, the noise doesn't really seem to be coming from the engine bay. I have also noticed it gets slightly worse when the engine has warmed up, maybe its just coincidence. It sounds like it is underneath the car towards the front. The noise goes away once i'm above 1.5k revs and also goes away above about 30-40mph. I also notice it makes a short chirping noise on start up but goes away immediately, it also chirps when I turn the engine off too.
I'm quite concerned, but could it just be the cold weather? Or simply some bearings/seals? Sorry I'm pretty amateur when it comes to mechanical issues, gotta start somewhere I suppose.
Any help at all will be appreciated, I wanna have a decent idea of what it could be before I let a garage charge me ££££'s for something i don't need.
Hopefully its not the gearbox :'(
EDIT : All the belts/dephaser were changed less than 10k miles ago