ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Starter motor fuse and cable

Renault Clio 182
Hi, this is my first post on .net,
I have recently bought an 05 Clio 182 with cup pack. I noticed the starter motor is lazy but it does start first time everytime. The starter motor cable which connects to the positive battery terminal seems to have broken and someone has attempted a fix on it previously. I have been trying to look for a replacement cable but I have had no luck.
Does anyone have a part number or could point me in the right direction for the starter motor cable (to include the large fuse as well). My cable also does not have the fuse which is a concern to me as it has been clearly lost or removed previously judging by the damage to the cable.
Thank you! Let me know if any pictures would help or any more information is needed.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
The starter motor and alternator lead is integral to the engine bay wiring loom.
https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Renault&ssd=$*KwHF8eDdtaW9wZ-MpMH56Z2Jqa6wwc7DwtDDzrfHj5makbHDn5CPwcHHw4mblJ3bw9OTk7G5z87Jy-_e0ZKYhJOYkpShwc_It7_JyImYlYvukcKZmYGCt8fDx5nezJaElJ6DtrjLlt7JlJmVlbe4ycuekY3CiISZk7bBjdjJ0regt8G0tMPBnuaPw8fHw8_CyAAAAACMYD1m$&vid=1247&cid=71945&uid=3891&q=VF1CB220F34163849
I would suggest consulting a competent auto electrician to install a fusible link and make good.
For reference, this the original fusible link.
1601041294198.png

Renault Clio 182

Thank you very much for your response!
I will have too look into sourcing an appropriate fuse and getting someone to fit it to the existing loom then, am I correct in thinking the fuse is a 230?
I will also need a replacement positive terminal part as it is damaged on both sides of where the fuse would be attached.