ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 tapping noise

Clio 182 sport
just wondering if you guys thought this was the dephaser before i fork out and get it done also notice an issue with ticking over revs at times,,the car doesn't tap at all when driving only when idling thanks in advance all

Last edited:
  Clio 182 sport
Is it more a rattle than a tap?
ill get a better vid up now of it to me its a bit of both ... just not sure why its fine when accelerating /driving and only comes into play on idle sounds much worse when theres a wall etc for the noise to bounce off ,ive already been under the car and tightened the exhaust heat shields up good and proper at one point i thought it was because it was de-catted but not that daft now lol... ill get a better vid up in a few cheers again for your time much appreciated :smile:

Clio 182 sport
When we were the belts done. It will be the dephaser imo
sorry been afk for a week .... i've done another video and realised it sounds like the tapping is coming straight from the rocker cover and sounds more like your video with the bonnet open ill post it up later as i've got kids tonight .. pretty sure its dephaser now though