ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Turbo Map Sensor

RB 182 FF
Hello Guys,

Recently brought my Clio 182 back from the guy I sold it to! I had some unfinished busines.

I have all the mechanical components to do a cheap low boost turbo build but I need some info from guys that have done DIY Turbo builds.

Does the standard MAP sensor allow for positive manifold pressure?

Thanks

PH2 172
Hello Guys,

Recently brought my Clio 182 back from the guy I sold it to! I had some unfinished busines.

I have all the mechanical components to do a cheap low boost turbo build but I need some info from guys that have done DIY Turbo builds.

Does the standard MAP sensor allow for positive manifold pressure?

Thanks

@bloke

dan's cast offs.
You sure? I'm 99.9% certain it doesn't read positive pressure?

Plus most stand alone ecus have built.in map sensor anyway so no need to leave the old one on.

182 Turbo
Well its either one of two scenarios, either the standard map sensor can, or it cant but the aem piggyback ecu has the function to ignore the fact it cant.
Seeing as how thats the main functionality of how piggyback ecu's work its probably the latter, but either way cars that go into ED for either low or high boost setups go in and come out with the same stock map sensor in place