ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197 probs, please help.

clio 197
HI all, i have a 2006 197 sport on 13000 miles.
It has a bit of a problem where it will always start from cold but occasionally it will cut out if I leave it on idle, usually after 5 to 10 mins, sometimes it starts again, other times I have to leave it for a while and then maybe it will start. It does turn over fast, just doesn't always fire up.
The crank sensor has been changed recently and that seemed to help for a bit but it soon went back to messing around.
The Battery is good and the alt is pumping out plenty of charge when the engine is running.
I can feel the fuel pump working when i press the start button, ( I don't hear it normally as it doesn't kick in until the button is pressed so I reached over at the same time and felt it work ).
It seems to be a random problem as it can be ok for days before playing up.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Clio 172 Cup
I am not great mechanically mate I’m afraid but it’s hard the moment with many places locked down but would genuinely take it and get some one to plug it in, I had a problem not so long back which everything pointed at the injectors but when was diagnosed was throttle body