ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197

EVO 4 GSR
Hi guys, need help with a new engine / possible gearbox to! Who can do this cheap? I can supply belts and clutch etc as I work for Andrew page...

Currently running on 3cyl replaced coils and plugs. No codes for injectors, just misfire on cyl 1 and multiple misfire. Pcv is working fine.

Codes attached. Also bank 2 o2 is running stft at - 100%

Any help would be great!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190206-102243_Carly f Renault.jpg
    Screenshot_20190206-102243_Carly f Renault.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Screenshot_20190205-183110_Carly f Renault.jpg
    Screenshot_20190205-183110_Carly f Renault.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_20190205-183105_Carly f Renault.jpg
    Screenshot_20190205-183105_Carly f Renault.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 204

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Could be a lambda that’s s**t itself mate. Worth having a nose over the wiring to both the lambda sensors too.

What’s up with the engine/box? I can rebuild your box if it’s salvageable.

EVO 4 GSR
Could be a lambda that’s s**t itself mate. Worth having a nose over the wiring to both the lambda sensors too.

What’s up with the engine/box? I can rebuild your box if it’s salvageable.

Yeah I'm going to unplug the o2 and see what happens. Just thinking worst case with the engine. The gearbox synco crunches on 3rd at high rpm. Still engages though. What kind of prices are we talking for rebuilding either? And where abouts are you buddy?

Steve

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah I'm going to unplug the o2 and see what happens. Just thinking worst case with the engine. The gearbox synco crunches on 3rd at high rpm. Still engages though. What kind of prices are we talking for rebuilding either? And where abouts are you buddy?

Steve
To sort out the crunchy synchros you’re looking at £300 all in mate. I’m in Lichfield.

EVO 4 GSR
To sort out the crunchy synchros you’re looking at £300 all in mate. I’m in Lichfield.

Awesome mate, I'll throw a new clutch in at the same time. Your 3hrs away but worth the drive. I'll need it doing next month as I'm hopefully off to the ring in June...

EVO 4 GSR
Update pulled the week old plugs out and they are all wet with fuel... I say fuel because it looks like its evaporating...

Attachments

• 20190210_173655.jpg
    20190210_173655.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • 20190210_173650.jpg
    20190210_173650.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 169
  EVO 4 GSR
So I cured the misfire, needed oem plugs. But I still have a that jerk around 2500 to 3000rpm. I've swapped coils, plugs, most sensors, cleaned the throttle body and no joy! It has a miltek cat back. Once threw a knock sensor fault and I replaced that and torqued it down and the car ran smooth for 2 days then had again. Also feels down on power!

EVO 4 GSR
Really? It feels like a massive jerk, like the knock sensor is cutting power, or your on and off the clutch....

EVO 4 GSR
Not sure, I only get it on part throttle, even on full throttle the car doesn't feel quick. I was thinking maybe dephaser? can't hear a rattle on cold start though.

dan's cast offs.
Yeah, probably the map. Some are awful, some not bad. I had one in that would cough and splitter all day long if you held the revs at the same point. Will see if I've got the before and after graph for it.

Don't need to say what one was before, kind of easy to spot...

Last edited:
  EVO 4 GSR
Had and error show whilst crawling in n traffic yesterday... Misfire cylinder 1, and Camshaft it vvti controller open circuit. I've tested the solenoid already and the resistance is good... No idea what's going on...