ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 1.6 16v wont go into 5th gear

Clio ll ph 1
Hello.. So ive tried to search for this issue but nothing to be found.. The problem is my gearbox is leaking somewhere(not much), after i went to my mechanic to test out the car (wasnt with him while testing) cause of one bearing, he said its hard to change gear. After lifting the car he said i need to open the gearbox because of leackage but that he can do it some other time. After he lowered a car i went home when i noticed i cant go into 5th gear.. It slips into 3rd, and if i try it harder the gearbox locks its self so i have to wiggle it to unlock.. Is it possible he somehow crushed it or maybe the gear got so small ammount of oil that i cant engage it any more? I doubt that because i opsened the plastic valve where you pour in gearbox fluid and it started comming out right away so it was at almost max capacity. I was thinkin maybe that those plastic bushing got broksn because i have play in every other gear(i can wiggle the shifter when its into gear since ive got it). If someone had similar problem, what are the ods that theye bushings are bad?
Thanks alot, have a nice day!

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
When I bought mine getting into first was a little tricky so I had a mechanic take out some excess play in the linkage while it was up for its MOT.
That improved things no end and I could engage all gears.
I’ve since replaced the linkage bush and that’s made things even better still. There is no longer excess play in the shifter while in gears. The best £3 I’ve spent.
Hope that helps.

Clio ll ph 1
When I bought mine getting into first was a little tricky so I had a mechanic take out some excess play in the linkage while it was up for its MOT.
That improved things no end and I could engage all gears.
I’ve since replaced the linkage bush and that’s made things even better still. There is no longer excess play in the shifter while in gears. The best £3 I’ve spent.
Hope that helps.
Thanks, today ill look it up! 😊

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
463BB70D-FD44-4932-8171-EAF904570858.jpeg

This is the bush and you may as well get a new circlip as the old one will likely fly off never to be found again.