ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 phase 2 Cv joint

2001 Clio 1.2 16v
Hello guys,
My cv joint has given up on life, so i'm looking to replace it.
I was gonna order a Metelli Cv joint off autodoc, but my poor research about this topic (there's not alot of info) said that cv joints cannot be removed from the driveshaft on clio's and i need to buy a driveshaft if i want to replace it?
Can someone give me some light, im very confused!

Thanks!

2001 Clio 1.2 16v
Thanks! Another question, can you identify if my abs ring is 26 or 44 teeths?
IMG_20200821_170318.jpg

Renault Clio Alize
I've had several CV boots changed on my 1.2 16v 2003 and on my old 1.4 1999. You don't need a new driveshaft until the driveshaft makes a noise or the abs ring is broke. Is there a reason why you ask about the abs teeth?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

2001 Clio 1.2 16v
I've had several CV boots changed on my 1.2 16v 2003 and on my old 1.4 1999. You don't need a new driveshaft until the driveshaft makes a noise or the abs ring is broke. Is there a reason why you ask about the abs teeth?

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The issue it's not my boots, it's my cv joint that i clicks alot when i turn left while accelerating

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was under the impression that OEM can't be changed. However, my mate whos a mechanic replaced mine after much hassle of trying different driveshafts to find the correct one but now the CV can be changed on it rather than needing a whole new shaft.

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
Can buy a whole new driveshaft including cv joints,boots and also both abs rings for about £50 from ebay, think it's called JR driveshafts.

Can also buy just the boots separate too