ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Cornering Lights

Something Not French
Thinking about speccing the cornering lights on my 200 (been on order for 6 weeks now, 8 to go...).

Are they worth the money?

Good / irritating?

No idea if they are worth the money in terms of function but they look better.

14 weeks seems along time, I ordered 3 weeks ago, got 7 weeks to go!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Arguable if they're worth the money but handy for those dark winter evenings/nights.

albi 197
I currently have them on my 197 and to be honest, I wouldn't miss them. Seem more of a gimmick than anything.

Clio 200 FF + CUP
I think there great.

1) They look better than the standard light

2) Light up the drive as your turning on to it

3) The Mrs hasn't hit the kerb when parking in the dark lol

Not a 320d
My Gt has them, theyre okay actually, not something i would have paid for though. Just a light that lights up as you turn the wheel, so not proper cornering lights. perhaps the renaultsport range has real cornering lights?

Something Not French
Thanks for the replies, pretty mixed reaction I guess, although everyone agrees that the projectors are great.

Anyway, I emailed Renault Leicester today and asked whether I could add them to my order, and was told very soon after that my car has gone into production, and therefore its too late. Oh crap.

Thing is, my car isn't due at the dealers until 26th October. What the f**k are they messing about at? I could walk to Dieppe and drive it back faster.

197 Albi Blue
I have them on my 197 and would say they are worth having. I find them usefull when driving in the forest as they really do light up the bend. I dont think i would have paid extra for them though, just happens mine had them when i bought it

Only problem i have found with them though is that in town people sometimes think you are flashing them and so on a few ocasions had people pulling out on me.

Clio 200 Cup
I wanted know if somebody had changed its headlight afterward. i don't have the headlight like this and I would like to install on my clio.
17082008173.jpg

Clio 182
I have cornerning lights on my 07 clio TCE.

Amazing bit o' kit.

They do work really well when driving country roads at night. The higher the speed you are doing the more sensitive they are to coming on. i.e. half a turn of the wheel will make the correct side light up while doing 50 around a corner, but at low speeds (pulling into your drive) they will light up when youve done say 2 turns of the wheel...

So they do work! well recomended!

Renault Clio RS 197
Hy there! I hope somebody could help me, as nobody was able until then! I own a Clio RS 2008 and I have changed the basic halogen headlights to projector ones, and they have cornering lights on it as well. Obviously cornering lights do not work as it would need an other module or cable or something else, anyway to conenct with the servo to get the signal. Can anybody help me what is exactly this module?
I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in anticipation!
Best wishes from a hungiarian fan!
:)

Clio RS200 Red Bull
Hello Old thread I know.
Anywho, does anyone know if it is possible to get these cornering lights to work.
If not, what if you hooked them up with the dipped beam?
Sue

Nissan 350z
^ No it isnt. The wiring loom wasnt even present behind the bumper to connect them to (at least not on my 200 Cup it wasnt). A standard headlight only has Dipped, Full and Sidelight theres nothing to connect the extra cornering bulb to. As i said in my last post it doesnt matter though they only operate under <30mph so you would barely notice anyway so just pop a bulb into the empty hole and no-one would be any wiser.

Its not a simple matter of telling the ECU to use them. You would have to source the loom.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
One of the only options I didn't go for. Had them before & can't say I noticed the benifit of them.

E92 325D
They are beneficial out my way ill give them that. Its nice to light up verges down country roads that arent lit.

And the projector housing looks 10x better than the reflector ones

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
My mk3 1.4 has these headlights but can't have been specced them as the cornering lights don't work and aren't plugged in at all.

I looked into getting them to work and whilst it isn't impossible, it's definitely not worth the time and money to achieve it! Glad I have them though as they look much better :)

Clio RS200 Red Bull
Yes, the projectors look great, that is the reason I upgraded them. Yep, no wiring loom present, sent the guys at Renault crazy, said the lights did not fit.
Was just wondering if it was easy enough to get them going. I have also read a few have disconnected them.