ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 F4Rt + German Autobahn =

clio 200 F4Rt
speedo.JPG

clio 200 F4Rt
Steven - Lol, true! its all down to the Helix flywheel. But as you can see, it doesnt effect performance!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool stuff, Ive had a similar pace out of my phase 1 turbo and it still felt surprisingly stable. :)

ITB BG 182
have you actually done this or is this the electronics reset test thing that makes all the clocks go ski wiz and the needles wobble all over the place?

Only reason I am actually asking this, is the tree in the background looks fairly still, either than or you had the camera shutter at 1/1000...

Ly Cliosport 200
i have to say that is hard to believe i had mine screaming down hill in my 200. would only go to 148mph

whoops just realised its a turbo!

Golf GTD Mk7
Surely turbo or not, the gearing will cause top speed limitations. It looks a bit bs to me, especially when it's not at rev limit

Golf GTD Mk7
I was under the impression they were similar. Isn't the megane box limited to 155mph anyway? That pic suggests it will go further. Although its not like shed to gest

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mine was just over 7k at similar speed but I'm sure he has taller gearing, not to mention bigger diameter tyres.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've had an indicated 150mph out of the 182 and it was on the rev limiter in 5th. Only done it once and never again, poor thing. Thats on a pretty standard engine with filter and exhaust......and a big ass hill

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I don't see whats so hard to believe?

its obviously not standard - and chip says its possible so must be ;)

I dont know the details of what gearbox he is on mate, he certainly has enough power to do that speed, but if it would be at those rpm I cant tell you as I dont know enough about the spec of his car.

I've had an indicated 150mph out of the 182 and it was on the rev limiter in 5th. Only done it once and never again, poor thing. Thats on a pretty standard engine with filter and exhaust......and a big ass hill
Same, but I have an R-Sport ECU... 8k limiter y0 ;)

I never took it that far, but the revs were there if I wanted them. I remapped it shortly after I got it and now I've got a 7500/7750 limiter I think!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I mapped my girlfriends one to 7850, but she has ARP rod bolts and supertech valves (the two main weak points)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just looked the numbers up and apparently:

200 box is 20.36mpg per 1000rpm
So 6k = just over 120

Megane box though is 26.5mph per 1000rpm
so 6K = just over 150

So if he has the megane box, that looks perfectly realistic.

Evo 5 RS
lol nice, how's the 200 feel up there?

Still, 190mph on the M23 slip. Difficult taking a picture. Not saying it was me or anything.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm going to throw a totally stupid comment out here but can the speed needle keep going all the way round or does it have a stop on it?

I look at that picture and think it will hit the fuel needle. : /

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Mine stops at 140 on my car, carries on accelerating then when you lift off it takes ages before the needle starts dropping.