ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 g’box query

Clio 197 R27
Hi.

I bought a 2011 Clio 200, 49000 miles. Last year the then owner had the gearbox rebuilt by Rentune(?) to the sum of about £800, plus new clutch and slave cylinder. Has anyone heard of them? Are they any good?

G’box feels great, and no sign I can feel of any crunching between gears, although I just wanted to check, when you have the clutch down and the car is running but stationary and I move the gear lever through the gears, I assume should there be any synchro issue that it wouldn’t present itself? And that the only well to truly tell is but going through the gears when normally driving under load?

Sometimes the gear lever can feel a little notchy, well, not even notchy, but think it’s just the gear lever itself and the lineages, but thought I’d ask if anyone can advise.

S.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
usually will present its self shifting to 3rd and 4th first, change into 3rd at 7400rpm or what ever the beep is it and you will feel it crunch if its on its way out