ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 keycard replacement needed

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I’ve been trying to get a replacement keycard for my 200 but the cheapest quote I have had is £168 for the keycard and £90 to program it, most local auto locksmiths say it can’t done outside of the dealer network but I have seen posts from the past suggesting they have been supplied keys from an auto locksmith. Can anyone recommend anybody in the Essex area?

Clio 2.0 138hp
I’ve been trying to get a replacement keycard for my 200 but the cheapest quote I have had is £168 for the keycard and £90 to program it, most local auto locksmiths say it can’t done outside of the dealer network but I have seen posts from the past suggesting they have been supplied keys from an auto locksmith. Can anyone recommend anybody in the Essex area?
Honestly, best place i found was the dealership. If its the keyless version, those cards are really hard to get hold of without ordering direct from Renault France as they are coded to the vin when they are made. I found this out the hard way recently. i paid 275 for the card and programming, took 2 weeks to arrrive from france. Was coded in 30 mins. The aftermarket places could only offer me a discount of about 20 quid and said it would take a month to get the key.
If you only need a non-keyless version i was offered 2 for £190 including programming so it is possible to get something cheaper if you really need it

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Thanks for the reply, I have tried a few places, and like you say they don’t seem to be able to help, I just resent paying that much for such a fragile key, I dropped the other one from a key rack and it cracked the case, knowing my luck I’ll get the new one and sit on it or something the next week.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Thanks for the reply, I have tried a few places, and like you say they don’t seem to be able to help, I just resent paying that much for such a fragile key, I dropped the other one from a key rack and it cracked the case, knowing my luck I’ll get the new one and sit on it or something the next week.
I had the exact same dilemma a few weeks ago so i know the feeling well. Ive purposely started putting mine in a different pocket for that very reason.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
My mum kept her car key round her neck on a ribbon I always laughed at the idea but now it think I might do the same. If I could pay £300 to have a normal key that turns in the ignition I would go for it.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Is it for a spare? Or for a non working one?

one of mine packed up and it was a pretty obvious repair when I split it open.