ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200 knock

clio 200
ive owned my clio for about 3 weeks and since new ive had a knocking noise coming from wat sounds like the front offside wheel or suspension

it only happens if ive hit a bump,pothole etc and it comes just slightly after the impact.i didnt experience it with my 197 wasnt sure if its common or not?

has any1 else had this issue or anything similar?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
had this on my old car , going over any bump it made a knock, one of the bolts had snapped on the ARB

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Not really acceptable for a 3 week old car IMO. Take it back to them and demand it be fixed!

AK

M240i
Build quality hasn't improved on the new model then! lol.

Take it back to renault ASAP.

Italian 3.2 V6
mine knocks under serious accel in 1st and 2nd on dry hot days (best trasction) no and again ??

scary :(

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Check they've not left the chocks in the front suspension - (used for transportation) - Can't remember if the latest Clios have them when being moved.

Sounds odd, but may not have been removed @ pdi

clio 200
Check they've not left the chocks in the front suspension - (used for transportation) - Can't remember if the latest Clios have them when being moved.

Sounds odd, but may not have been removed @ pdi

would i not notice that when driving,handling wise.the car still seems nice and tight nothing feels loose.its a renault job i reckon

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Visually check the front springs - they are plastic block things which sit within the spring compressions.

You wouldn't notice anything different about the way it drives, except the front of the car may sit slightly higher.

Clio RS 200
ive owned my clio for about 3 weeks and since new ive had a knocking noise coming from wat sounds like the front offside wheel or suspension

it only happens if ive hit a bump,pothole etc and it comes just slightly after the impact.i didnt experience it with my 197 wasnt sure if its common or not?

has any1 else had this issue or anything similar?

Get it checked mate as my 197 is still making the noise after they apparently fixed the prob. Or it could be what happened to my wife on monday......my previous thread.....
My wife just called me to say that she was driving to work today and suddenly heard a clonk clonk clonk noise.... Thought it was a tyre gone so got out to check, and all seemed ok . This carried on for another 2 miles untill she went round a roundabout and a hard hat came flying out from the front of the car. Funny enough the noise then stopped.....:)

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
French crap - doesnt seem like Renault have learned a thing from all the problems with the 172 suspension / knocking etc... take it back and leave it there until its sorted!!...