ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Mk3 V Clio 200 T Mk4

I find it really very hard to believe the hype of the Fiesta ST. Theres just something in me that says "no way is a fiesta ever a drivers car" I've driven the 200cup and I thought no other small front driver could ever come close. I need to have a play with one. I used to think the Corsa VXR's wern't all that great till I played with one and it romped away...only to get up its ass under braking and cornering. Im not quite sure my little french loving heart could take getting beaten by a fish looking fiesta if im honest :smile:

Especially when its a spotty office worker driving it that looks like he should be driving a 1.1 106 and not the latest hot hatch!

Listerine & Poledo
Renault are building cars that are appealing to a wider range of people than the self-proclaimed hardcore road warriors. Whats the problem there?
Those who moan about "soft suspension", "not loud enough" etc. are likely to be the same ones who'll be bolting on lowering coilovers and a drainpipe exhaust at the first opportunity.
Same as the 172 I believe. Compared to the Williams it wasn't good enough, because it was too big, wallowy and refined.
Give it a few years. Then ebay will be awash with cheap suspension "enhancements" to remove all ride quality in one easy step and K-Tec will have some sort of drainpipe available to try and get a turbo to sound like an NA. Any F1 followers already know how that's going to end.

Listerine & Poledo
So Renault are building cars that are appealing to a wider range of people than the self-proclaimed hardcore road warriors, in the name of getting more sales and vehicles on the road. These cars' value will drop like a stone like all other Renaults, meaning there'll be school-run, unabused examples on the market for a pittance in a few years. Whats the problem there?
Indeed, the more that the road-racers keep panning the new car, the less it will be in demand and values will drop further.
Those who moan about "soft suspension", "not loud enough" etc. are likely to be the same ones who'll be bolting on lowering coilovers and a drainpipe exhaust at the first opportunity.
Same as the 172 I believe. Compared to the Williams it wasn't good enough, because it was too big, wallowy and refined.
Give it a few years. Then ebay will be awash with cheap suspension "enhancements" to remove all ride quality in one easy step and K-Tec will have some sort of drainpipe available to try and get a turbo to sound like an NA. Any F1 followers already know how that's going to end.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It wasn't raw enough for me to replace my Ph1 but as a daily it's a great all rounder. Better than the new Fiesta ST as a daily that's for sure.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It wasn't raw enough for me to replace my Ph1 but as a daily it's a great all rounder. Better than the new Fiesta ST as a daily that's for sure.

Ride wise, definitely. Beyond that little seperates them other than the 'box which is a personal preference.

They are going to be a steal in a couple more years time...although the limited supply may keep the prices a bit higher.

LY 200 EDC LUX
I'm finding all the reviews of the 200T amusing. I test drove mine last Sunday. Bought it the next day. If you live at a track 24/7, go for a 200. For me, my 200 was just 'too' raw. In the right conditions, on the right road in the right mindset, the 200 was great and will be hard to beat, but any other time, I found the ride and lack of torque just plain annoying after a while. The 200T suits me because its a hot hatch when I want it to be, and is a far more relaxed, comfortable, economic and therefore more enjoyable ride. I can cruise along at 70, get over 10mpg more, and then when I overtake someone, I don't have to drop it down 5 gears to speed up a bit. Then, when I turn up to a track. I put it into race and am just as quick around a track.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I really like the 200t. Always said I would look at a 2nd gen one.

With a few minor tweaks & an extra 25bhp they will be epic little cars!

As with all RS models the 2nd / 3rd gen cars are usually better.

Clio 197 - R27 - 200cup
Meg225 - trophy - 225cup - R26

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've only ever had a dealer driven passenger ride in a 200t but despite me not getting on with the looks, or the interior, or the engine... It held the road well, despite being piloted by a salesman.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've just been out in a 200T. Wow! Just WOW!

What an absolutely terrific car.

I honestly don't know where the hate for these cars has come from. Everything about it awesome.

I'm sold! Want one!

Big thanks to @rs1an for letting me drive it [emoji2]

LY 200 EDC LUX
I've just been out in a 200T. Wow! Just WOW!

What an absolutely terrific car.

I honestly don't know where the hate for these cars has come from. Everything about it awesome.

I'm sold! Want one!

Big thanks to @rs1an for letting me drive it [emoji2]

I picked mine up yesterday after trading my mk3 200 in for it. Liquid yellow with cup pack and gloss black 18's. The more I drive it, the more I love it. People aren't liking it because they don't like change. I struggle to see what people don't like about the car in all honesty. It feels rapid compared to the mk3 and is a genuinely nice place to be, unlike the mk3. Gave it a good clean today aswell and the color is just amazing!

LY 200 EDC LUX
Oh, and in exchange for a 'handover' photograph, I got a FULL tank of super!! Thanks Motorline Renault of Maidstone (name drop lol)

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Someone needs to confirm if the sound just comes out of the rear speakers if u choose clio v6 ;)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Oh, and in exchange for a 'handover' photograph, I got a FULL tank of super!! Thanks Motorline Renault of Maidstone (name drop lol)
There were days this was just common courtesy! I remember my uncle and aunty had a BMW dealership and it was just standard to give people buying a car a bunch of flowers and an umbrella.

Clio RS LUX 200
I have had my 200t for just over a year now. What a cracking car! Gearbox is fantastic, interior is brill! Steering is great, really responsive round the lanes. Its rapid!
Very happy!

LY 200 EDC LUX
I have had my 200t for just over a year now. What a cracking car! Gearbox is fantastic, interior is brill! Steering is great, really responsive round the lanes. Its rapid!
Very happy!

Couldent agree more. Had mine for a month now and it still feels like an 'experience' every time I drive it. Far superior to my mk3 in every way. I love how it pops and bangs like crazy when in race mode aswell!