ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 White YG60LPJ

Range Rover Sport
May go and view this ( Clio 200 'Cup').

Anyone know anything about it? Previous owner etc?

What should I be looking out for on the 200, it is just a case of making sure there are no silly noises from the steering/gearbox area?

Any help would be great.

clio 182 ff cup
Do you have a link for the car or a picture?
Generally, they are bomb proof except the gearboxes are prone to experiencing failed syncros. There is no way knowing when this could happen as age and use may not be necessarily an indicator. I know that there are plenty 200's out there that haven't had gearbox issues but there are plenty that have. Mine had a replacement box at 22, 000 miles; and my car had full service history. There are several threads on here to look at. . If the car is over five years old, make sure the cam belt has been done, even if it hasn't hit 70, 000 miles. This is the requirement from Renault and one that shouldn't be ignored.
Make sure the tyres are of a decent quality and that the wear if any is even. Apart from the usual checks such as looking for accident damage, even braking, condition of exhaust, no rattles etc, check to see if there have been any upgrades to the car and that they have been correctly installed. If there are any, hopefully receipts can back this up.
Service history is very important. If it has been driven hard, you'll want to know that it's been looked after. Get in touch if you want more info mate.

clio 182 ff cup
Do you have a link for the car or a picture?
Generally, they are bomb proof except the gearboxes are prone to experiencing failed syncros. There is no way knowing when this could happen as age and use may not be necessarily an indicator. I know that there are plenty 200's out there that haven't had gearbox issues but there are plenty that have. Mine had a replacement box at 22, 000 miles; and my car had full service history. There are several threads on here to look at. . If the car is over five years old, make sure the cam belt has been done, even if it hasn't hit 70, 000 miles. This is the requirement from Renault and one that shouldn't be ignored.
Make sure the tyres are of a decent quality and that the wear if any is even. Apart from the usual checks such as looking for accident damage, even braking, condition of exhaust, no rattles etc, check to see if there have been any upgrades to the car and that they have been correctly installed. If there are any, hopefully receipts can back this up.
Service history is very important. If it has been driven hard, you'll want to know that it's been looked after. Get in touch if you want more info mate.