ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 200

172 CUP
Right just a quick one, A lad I know has just bought a brand new clio 200 cup and was telling me how affective the LSD is on it.
I didn't say anything but I didn't think the clio came with a LSD.
Is he just talking shite as I suspect

182 Trophy
Yeah the same one as ford stole from renault for the shitty rs iirc, renault developed it and ford failed with it ;).
;)

It does amuse me how Ford seem to have taken it as their own invention. Is it actually the same thing in principle? The popular theory is that they patented it, which seems gay if Renault have been using it in the Megane for years.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
just like the RS engine that is a VOLVO engine thats been around since the 90's

Clio 200 Black and White
I hear that Renault had patented their version of the RevoKnuckle but that Ford managed to find a way around their patents.

I think what annoyed Renault was that they came up with the concept but failed to get and real marketing mileage out of it whereas Ford came onto the scene, basically copied Renault's engineering and made a big song and dance about how clever they are.

And yeah, nothing wrong with that Volvo engine!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols saying that ford failed, oh yes the FRS is crap.

200 lsd, pmsl! LSD seems apt for the drugs the guy is on!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes major fail. That's why Royston Vasey ordered one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's jealousy because they will never own one Roy.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think the 200 has less torques than a diesel lawmower.

So I heard possible.

Yes I wasn't being serious.

Interesting about the truck thing. So I guess it's been around for a while as an automotive engineering solution rather than something any one manufacturer pioneered.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yeah, probably just one of those things that no-one had twigged onto for performance cars. Shame, as I imagine the original FRS would of gone as well as it looked had it been included.