ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Best to leave it alone imo perhaps upgrade your brakes or tyres :approve:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Strip out rear seats door panels etc should give you the same result, Weight saving > Extra power

clio 200 cup
Hi Ian
what kind a break upgrade from the cup brembo pack, also I am still looking at cliio 200s, I am going to check out a car that the owner said in response to "has your gearbox had any problems
" to which he replied stiff until it has warmed up, is this a reason for concern, can you recall same thing with your car.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi Ian
what kind a break upgrade from the cup brembo pack, also I am still looking at cliio 200s, I am going to check out a car that the owner said in response to "has your gearbox had any problems
" to which he replied stiff until it has warmed up, is this a reason for concern, can you recall same thing with your car.

People seem to speak highly of ferodo ds2500s and superblue? Fluid.

chasing bhp on Clio's is genuinely pissing in the wind pal.

DS2500 are the most overrated brake pads ever made. In my experience they are terribly inconsistent and nothing special with either initial bite or modulation, hot or cold. Just average at everything. Granted that's all any decent road pad can be, but people on here talk like they'll stop an F16 that's been steam catapulted down the deck of an aircraft carrier. In 10ft dead. Repeatedly.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Nitrous would be the cheapest and easiest way tbh.

That or buy another car like I did. I wanted more power so bought something with a 5pot turbo. £1000 of modifications have given me an extra 64bhp & 110lb-ft of torque!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
££££££££££££££££££ for minimal gain.

Engine transplant would be the biggest bang for your buck.

DS2500 are the most overrated brake pads ever made. In my experience they are terribly inconsistent and nothing special with either initial bite or modulation, hot or cold. Just average at everything. Granted that's all any decent road pad can be, but people on here talk like they'll stop an F16 that's been steam catapulted down the deck of an aircraft carrier. In 10ft dead. Repeatedly.

I couldn't disagree more, after recently putting braided hoses on along with ds2500, I was quite frankly shocked at how good they are, very eager bite and always there the second you stamp on, late brake etc, night and day over the original set up

Superb for the road, never used on track so can't comment on that, but for everyday driving and spirited moor blasts they are perfect

Mk2 172
You'd probably benefit more by putting the money to use booking time with a race driving instructor

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
£30 to post it on Autotrader. Use the money that someone gives you in return for the 200's keys, to buy a more powerful car.

Clio 182 Trophy

Totally agree!! Carbon lorraine rc5+, minted M1155 and DS3000's are all FAR better alternatives, you get more noise but the performance is so much better well worth it.