ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2006 mk3 electrical problems

2006 Renault Clio
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can help. I have recently bought a 2006 Clio 1.4 16v, I bought it with a slipping clutch in the hope of replacing the clutch and my wife using it as her first car.

I have changed the clutch and all went well. Started up first time, left it running for several minutes. In this time, there were a lot of random faults popping up on the dash, Airbag faults, headlights switching on randomly, bit of an uneven idle, and service light showing.

I turned the car off to have a quick check at all wiring, tried to restart and there was nothing. No dash lights other than the center console clock light up and the red imobiliser light on solid red.

I checked the battery voltage which was around 11.6v so connected jump leads up and still had the same problems.

I left it for the night, went back and left the key turned. After a while, I heard the fuel pump kick in and all dash lights came on as normal and the car started, but then had exactly the same symptoms as before and would not start after I turned it off.

Can anyone help, I am struggling to think of what else to check!

Thanks in advance!

2006 Renault Clio
The engine also seamed to run on for a few seconds after I turned the key off before it refused to start. Could this be a sticky relay of some sort?

2006 Renault Clio
Tried the car last night and it started fine. Took it for a drive and I had the message "Passenger airbag off" and the spanner light was lit up. There was also a lot of central locking clicking and random lights on the dash. When I got back, I turned the car off and it wouldnt start again.

Does this point to a UCH problem?

Thanks

2006 Renault Clio
I have found a set on eBay of ECU, UCH and keyfob for around £100. If I was to change all three of these, would it likely solve my problems? Thanks