ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS 220 EDC gearbox oil change.

Exige
Hi all,

A friend of mine has a 2016 Clio 4 RS 220 with EDC gearbox.
He would like to get the gearbox oil changed.
Searched online and couldn't find any info.

Anyone has experience changing the oil on the EDC?

Thanks.

Clio 4 RS Trophy
I too have a 220 trophy and willbe changing the gearbox oil every 80000km or so. I asked at renault and they say the oil doesn't need to be changed, because it uses a dry clutch....
But I'm changing it anyway.
DSG gearboxes have a magnetic pan under the gearbox that is changed at the same time as the gearbox oil, so I guess this is not that different.

clio rs mk4
ive done oil change on my mk4 rs edc and its £80 for the oil from renault. renault dc0/dc4 oil. 2 litres required. drain is on bottom of gear stick. jack passenger side up and remove wheel and look on gearbox near drive shaft and should see a white plastic nut/wingnut style on mine. remove that after draining and refitting drain plug. fill till leaks out and refit. thats oil changed

clio rs mk4
if you speak to your local renault dealer they might give you the service manual pages printed off for changing it like mine did when i changed my oil. personally id change it every 20k-30k miles but thats me

clio rs mk4
there is no external filter on these due to dry clutch. i believe the filter is built into the control unit on the front of the box as there is no removable sump

Clio 4 RS Trophy
One less part to worry about then...

One more question, Did you somehow remove the oil on the compensator? Or just purely removed the oil that fell when you unscrewed the drain bolt?

clio rs mk4
removed the oil that came out was near enough the amount it says for oil change and put fresh in. will end up changing it again in a few months

2014 Clio 200t edc
Managed to change my oil today for motul dctf oil.
the change itself was simple enough once I’d drained the oil. I used a clean bit of garden hose to put the oil into the fill hole.
the oil that came out was a dark brown colour and obviously needed changing, 67k miles. The oil going in was a lovely clear light brown! Well worth the time to do.